Email Issues

I’m running the FreePBX 15.0.23 distro. I recently switched ISPs to Google Fiber and, all of a sudden, my email stopped working. I assumed port 25 blocking, but Google Fiber says it’s not block. As an alternative, I used smtp2go with one of my domains. This is how I have email configured in the SysAdmin Pro email configuration menu: is my domain, everything is appropriately set up, and debug successfully sends email. Here’s the debug log:

I then tried sending a new user notification email. It wouldn’t work until I changed the “Email From Address” in Advanced Settings:

However, when I run a backup, it still bounces the resulting status email:

Apr 2 21:32:55 freepbx postfix/smtp[26379]: 84D87C010F06: to=[email protected],[]:25, delay=8.7, delays=0.05/0/5.6/3, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host[] said: 550-Verification failed for [email protected] 550-Unrouteable address 550 unable to verify sender address. (in reply to RCPT TO command))
Apr 2 21:32:55 freepbx postfix/cleanup[26376]: 431C0C010F07: message-id=[email protected]
Apr 2 21:32:55 freepbx postfix/qmgr[18592]: 431C0C010F07: from=<>, size=2682, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Apr 2 21:32:55 freepbx postfix/bounce[27265]: 84D87C010F06: sender non-delivery notification: 431C0C010F07
Apr 2 21:32:55 freepbx postfix/qmgr[18592]: 84D87C010F06: removed

The problem appears to be FreePBX’s insistance on using freepbx.sangoma.local as the “from” address, and I can’t find anyway to override that globally.

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

I always rely on my own postfix configs, so I don’t really know what you can set with FreePBX. It looks as if you need to add a generic file in the configuration manually to get a verifiable sender address.

Sending email messages is getting more and more cumbersome due to a couple of restrictions with larger service provides. At the end of the day, you may also need add features like dkim in case you are operating your own MTA for your domain. Currently, there is no hint that you have to do that. Just saying…

Boy, do I feel stupid.

All it took was changing the Host Name in System Admin Pro. The default is freepbx.sangoma.local, which was rejected by smtp2go’s RCPT function, showing domain doesn’t exist. I changed it to my domain that DOES exist and now everything’s working great.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.