Dynamic Routes (dynroute) - blank host name after save

I have installed Dynamic Routes 2.10.0.1 and I seem to have an issue with the Host name field.

When I configure the “Dynamic Routes” page using host name localhost then press the [Save] button, the host name field goes blank. My intuition says that it should not work this way.

What could be the reason for the DB Host name field going blank after a save?

I am new to Asterisk and freePBX. I am trying to design a PBX for my home phone. I have configured and tested it to my satisfaction using /admin/modules/superfecta/bin/callerid.php in “CallerID Lookup Sources” as “Caller ID Superfecta”. This module is being selected from “Inbound Routes” “Source”.

I was hoping that I could select “Dynamic Routes” as a destination for “Inbound Routes” to do some additional CID routing.

I have installed a “PBX in a Flash” distribution with the following

┌───────────────────SYSTEM INFORMATION VERIFIED─────────────────────┐
│ Asterisk = ONLINE | Dahdi = ONLINE | MySQL = ONLINE │
│ SSH = ONLINE | Apache = ONLINE | Iptables = ONLINE │
│ Fail2ban = ONLINE | Internet = ONLINE | Ip6Tables = ONLINE │
│ Disk Free = ADEQUATE| Mem Free = ADEQUATE| NTPD = ONLINE │
│ SendMail = ONLINE | Samba = OFFLINE | Webmin = ONLINE │
│ Ethernet0 = ONLINE | Ethernet1 = N/A | Wlan0 = N/A │
│ │
│ PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.2 under HARDWARE
│ FreePBX Version = 2.10.1.1 │
│ Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.13.0 │
│ Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.13.0 │
│ Dahdi Source Version = 2.6.1+2.6.1 │
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12 │
│ IP Address = 192.168.1.95 on eth0 │
| Operating System = CentOS release 6.2 (Final) │
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-220.17.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit │
│ Incredible Version = 403 │
└─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Dynamic routes is a third party module. Have you asked the developer?

Does it even show up as a destination of an inbound route?

SkykingOK, thanks for the information.

I was a litte confused about the third party thing because it is listed in the “Applications” section, not the “Third Party Addon” section in the “Module Admin” section. I will try to contact the developer.

Yes, it shows as an inbound route destination. “Dynamic Routes” always selects the default route independently from what I put into the DB.

I had not tried this module for some time, and never with FreePBX 2.10 until now. I am using dynroutes 2.10.0.1 and confirm the same thing you are seeing, minor issues with the GUI and the host field is not getting saved to the dynroutes MySQL table.

This module needs work (at least for FreePBX 2.10) suggest you follow up to the dev with a bug report. I couldn’t do anything with the GUI until I commented out line 288 of page.dynroutes.php.

Thanks for confirming the problem. I guess I’m not going insane. :slight_smile:

I have sent an email to the developer referencing this forum.

I’m not familiar with php. Did commenting out line 288 fix you problem with the DB Host name?

Did commenting out line 288 fix you problem with the DB Host name?

No. I was viewing the GUI on a smallish notebook screen and it was all messed up. I managed to get it mostly readable with that hack.

I remember using this module with success a while back. You might try rolling back a version just to try. Archives: http://www.voipsupport.it/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Freepbx.PreviousVersions

lgaetz said:
I remember using this module with success a while back.
You might try rolling back a version just to try.

I rolled back to dynroute version 2.8.0.0 and a single test I did works!

Thanks much for telling me to try rolling back.

content superseded by posts that follow

I will look into the bugs that were reported and post back about a new release.

Based on the feedback above and received privately I have made a new version which resolves the issue of the databaser server hostname or ip address not being saved and the screen corruption due to an extraneous that was introduced during the last update.

The module is available from
http://www.freepbx.org/trac/browser/contributed_modules/release/dynroute-2.10.0.2.tgz?format=raw

thanks for your feedback

John,

I downloaded your new version 2.10.0.2 and gave it quick test.

It works for me!

Thank you for the quick response.