Dynamic Features with a Queue

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble getting Dynamic Features to work with a Queue. Both, the caller and the callee can send the DTMF to execute the script. We want that only the agent answering should be able to to execute the script.

I see a similar post about this, but no answer here

Does anyone have such a setup working?

Thanks

Maybe the trunk dial options?

t: Allow the called party to transfer the calling party by sending
the DTMF sequence defined in “features.conf”. This setting does not perform
policy enforcement on transfers initiated by other methods.

T: Allow the calling party to transfer the called party by sending
the DTMF sequence defined in “features.conf”. This setting does not perform
policy enforcement on transfers initiated by other methods.

r([tone]): Default: Indicate ringing to the calling party, even if
the called party isn’t actually ringing. Pass no audio to the calling
party until the called channel has answered.
tone - Indicate progress to calling party. Send audio ‘tone’
from the indications.conf tonezone currently in use.

Talking about this: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Custom+Dynamic+Features

Not sure how Trunk dial options will help.

Thanks

Misread, apologies.
After reviewing the material it seems like you need to add the option to the callee channel only to restrict it. It seems this can be done via the predial handler. Have you seen this post yet?

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Pre-Dial+Handlers

Yeah, still having trouble getting this to work.
I know normally I’d ask any member to share their dial plan so we can try to help them. But here I gave up and have no clue what I am doing.
I am surprised that no one has this working. How does everyone trigger doorbell relays that works with an Access Control systems?

Thanks

I wonder (not ever tried or tested) if you could use the Dial setting under Extensions>Advanced to step into the test context that is cited on the Asterisk example. From there you could activate your dynamic feature and proceed hooking back into the normal FreePBX “Dial” flow to ring the agent.

I had a project a month or so ago where we changed the dial field to point to the s route on a custom context. This allowed for one extension to call a variable endpoints based on information collected earlier on the call. It is not the same thing, but it was useful in creating a pocket for going out of the FreePBX structure then looping back in.

Lastly, subset this will probably need to be in dial plan, I wonder if the original Asterisk poster that is essentially doing what you need might be reachable on the Asterisk forum for consult?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.