Dynamic Directory with Yealink Phones

Hi There
I am pretty new to FreePBX. I have a working phonesystem running but I am wondering if there is a way to create a dynamic local directory. For instance, have a spreadsheet on a server that when I change a user it automatically uploads to the phone? I am using Yealink T46s and T48s phones in this environment. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

On Friday, July 22, 2016, in the morning, someone posted a script that did what you are asking.

I tried to copy and save the file and ended up with a zero length file, but I have the date I saved it, so I’m pretty sure the date is close.

Thanks for the tip. How do I go back through the forums by date?

You’ll have to search for Yealink Directory and sort by date and hope for the best, I think.

I’m pretty sure I found the article you were directing me to, Thanks! Looks like its a PHP script, just wondering where you would place that script? On each phone? and if so, how would I put the script on there?

Thanks for all your help!

No, the PHP runs on the server.

I don’t recall the details specifically, but it seems to me that you set it up to build the directories for your phones and run the script at 22 minutes after the hour every “n” hours (where “n” is an integer between 1 and 720). Every time the phone checks for updates, it sees the updated directory and downloads it.

Note that the script may rely on the 24-hour “reload” that some of these phones do, which means that “n” less than 24 may be pointless in that case.