Dutch translation / language

Hi,

We are using Freepbx for a couple of months now to our satisfaction but it is allways nice to work with a product in your own language. Unfortunately there is no Dutch package available.

I’m willing to have Freepbx translated to Dutch by an accredited translator (at my own costs) and offcourse publish free for the community.

Can someone provide me with the files needed for this and what should I do when it is finished (or to whom should I send it)?

Hopefully we can make the next version of Freepbx also available in Dutch :slight_smile:

Please read this thread again for troubleshooting, the part where to use locale.
Then read the I18n wiki again, it is all explained in there.
You need to name the .mo file to the module you want to translate, or amp.mo if it for core. The ISO code for Vietnam is vn_VN.

Hi every one,
I am Vietnamese. I enjoy working with Asterisk and I am a newbie in FreePBX. Now I have a project about Call Center for a transport company. My boss want me to make an easy configuration web GUI in Vietnamese Language.
I read the website http://www.freepbx.org/trac/wiki/I18n
And I did follow that way. BUT I realize that:

• When I installed FreePBX without any configuration. I chose another langauge different English Language BUT FreePBX didn’t display with that language.
  • I created a new vn.pot file and translate this file. After that, I complied to vn.mo. BUT FreePBX still display english language.
    Please tell me how to fix this problems.

Thank you so much

That’s great. I’ll wait for the new .pot files and will start translating then.

I submitted all .pot files yesterday, if you want to start with amp you can download it here http://www.freepbx.org/trac/browser/freepbx/branches/2.9/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/i18n/amp.pot?format=raw

That page has not been updated in a while, and it only lists the localization for FreePBX, not ARI.

I will in a couple of days start to update all languages for FreePBX 2.9 together with new .pot-files.

The next file you want to look at is the amp, I will be releasing new .pot template files in a couple of days, there are a number of language changes in FreePBX 2.9, so I suggest that you wait until I release the new files.

Great!
Will it also be put on the language status page?(http://www.freepbx.org/trac/wiki/LanguageStatus)

I’m reserving time with my team to translate the other modules but it would be nice to see which part needs updating and keep track of it.

Thanks, love working on it :slight_smile:

I checked my linux config with locale -a
All the locales are correct, including the ones you named.

Unfortunately that did not do the trick.
But I noticed something else.

When I copy the .mo and .po file to the german folder (var/www/html/recordings/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES) and I choose german in the menu I do have the interface working in Dutch… So problem does not exist in mo or po files I think?

OK, check that you have set user and group to asterisk for the folder nl_NL and LC_MESSAGES

If you go to /var/www/html/recordings/locale and run chown -R asterisk.asterisk * then test it, does it work?

I think I spotted the error. When you have the ari.po (same as the one in the ticket), compile it with: msgfmt -v ari.po -o ari.mo

Now test if it is working.

YES! That solved the issue! Now everything looks fine.

Thank you very much for helping out!

Great. I have submitted the translation into FreePBX,it will be available when we release an update to ARI.

Sorry for the many questions, still new to this. I just submitted the ticket, hope that everything is ok.

OK, I just tested it, and it is working as it should. Nice job.

Check that your Linux has all locales with this command in a command shell:
locale -a

You should get a long list of locales, among them these:
nl_NL
nl_NL@euro
nl_NL.iso88591
nl_NL.iso885915@euro
nl_NL.utf8

I’ve completed the translation for the recording interface but how can I test this?

I’ve created a new folder named nl_NL in /var/www/html/recordings/locale/
In that folder I created a folder named LC_MESSAGES.
In that folder I put the (translated) file ari.po

Next I executed this command: iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8 -o ari.utf-8.po ari.po
Next I executed this command: msgfmt -v ari.utf-8.po -o ari.mo

In /var/www/html/recordings/includes/lang.php I put the html line with the option select:
option value=‘nl_NL’ " . ($_COOKIE[‘ari_lang’]==‘nl_NL’ ? ‘selected’ : ‘’) . ">Dutch</option

Unfortunately this is not working, when selecting the Dutch language the page still is English. I supposed I did something wrong in the first part but what?

Please create a ticket in the ticket system ,set the type to Feature Request, then upload the .po file so that I can have a look at it.

Make sure that the header for the .po file contains at least:
“Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n”
“Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n”

I had a good look at it and I must admit, there are more files than I thought. So I decided to give part to a translator and do parts myself.

I will start today with the end-user interface (recordings). Can I submit a ticket when this is ready and tested or do I need to have them all translated? Because it is hard to say when I finished them all and for now I think it is good when at least the end-user (who often doesn’t understand English) has the interface.

Hi,

You can start by reading this wiki page: http://www.freepbx.org/trac/wiki/I18n

And if you have any questions about localization/translation feel free to PM me, I am the developer that are sort of responsible for localization of FreePBX.

Hi all,

are the Dutch language files mentioned here available?

Greetings,

EJ