DTMF+BLF Function for VM Transfer

Just curious if the phones support DTMF + BLF function. For example if I have a key programmed with a DTMF value of ##* can I press this and then the BLF of the extension and have it properly transfer to the Voicemail of the BLF extension?

I’d say it depends a little on the phone. I do it with my Ciscos connected through Chan-SCCP-B, so I’m sure there are some other phones out that would support this.

HI Necits2015:

Just wondering if you are succesfully doing this now (today) with a different model phone (for example) Yealink.

Unfortunately I have not been able to get this to work using Yealink. The best I can come up with for the Yealink is to configure a button type of prefix with a value of *. When a call comes in press transfer, press the VMXFER button (prefix with value of *) and then the BLF key.

So how we addressed this in a new feature we just added this week and working on getting into End Point Manager in the next couple weeks for Sangoma Phones is as followed.

For each BLF button you can set different numbers to call based on the State of the BLF.

For Example for each BLF you can could do the following.

BLF Idle- Pressing the button will call the user.
BLF In Use- Pressing the button will have it call the persons voicemail direct.
BLF Ringing- Pressing the button will pickup the other persons call

Now to make it even better we added short and long press of the BLF button. short press is what you do now days its a press under 1 second and a new long press holding the key for over 1 second.

EXAMPLE with Short and Long Press.
BLF Idle- Short Pressing the button will call the user.
BLF In Use- Short Pressing the button will have it call the persons voicemail direct.
BLF Ringing- Short Pressing the button will pickup the other persons call
BLF Idle- Long Press Intercom the User
BLF In Use- Long Press calls the person still where in short press we told it to go to voicemail.

Lastly if you are on a call with someone and you press a BLF button it will initiate a transfer of your active call to that blf so if you have the Long Press for Idle and In use setup to go to voicemail while on a call if you Long Pressed the BLF it would dial that person.

Hope this helps explain this exciting new feature we have done with the Sangoma phones.

That’s awesome! I’ve been leaning toward Yealink mostly because of familiarity but features like this offered by the Sangoma phones are impossible to ignore. I know this has been a feature request on the Yealink forum for over a year now.