Double follow me, does not work

Hello,

I have the following problem:

1. I have my general Number: 1234, this general number is my offine Numer. I have set up an own extension “000” for this number. On the extension “000” I have a follow me always enabled, which redirects to my own extension “010” (with ringing music).

2. When I am outside of office I active follow me for my extension “010” to my mobile number, this works. But if i Call my general Office Number, it won´t be redirected to my mobile phone. Why?

Second question: I have set the Initial Ring time to 0, but my office phone will always ring 1 second, before redirecting to mobile phone. Why is this?

Thanks a lot for your help!

“Why” is a great question to ask… why are you doing follow-me-follow-me. The more hacky your call routing, the more likely you’re going to set up a situation that doesn’t work.

If you want to know what’s going on you will have to examine the log file and follow an incoming call through the dial plan.

1 Like

Without logs, screenshots or more details, it’s a guessing game.

But I think the issue here is, that 000 does not have 010# in the list.

Also, I’m against using these weird extensions.

why are you doing follow-me-follow-me.
Maybe I have a wrong idea here, and i do not know how it should be. So what I am looking forward:

1. I have one general office number, which should most of the time go to my extension
  2. I have my own extension on a grandstream phone, but when i am out of office i want to redirect both (general number and my extension) to my mobile phone. How should i do this?

But I think the issue here is, that 000 does not have 010# in the list.
000 has 010 in the following list (Its actually working), the problem is when i redirect 010 to my mobile phone, than 000 will continue redirect to 010

EDIT: I found the problem, i forgot the “#” in the follow me list. - But maybe you could give me some advice how to optimize my setup? (Without so much follow mes)

Can you tell us what you are trying to accomplish, what is your goal?

1. I have one general office number, which should most of the time go to my extension
  2. I have my own extension on a grandstream phone, but when i am out of office i want to redirect both (general number and my extension) to my mobile phone. How should i do this?

So the office number should points most of the time to myself, but should be easily changable to another person.
Would it be better when i point the office number directly on my extension without a follow me?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Calendar+Module#CalendarModule-ModuleSupport
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/F2/Ring+Groups+Module

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.