Documentation for Dictate module?

I’ve looked in the wiki and searched and I’m not finding any documentation on the module/feature works. The link in the module just goes to a wiki link that described the fields in the extension config.
Extensions Module - Other (Custom) Extension - PBX GUI - Documentation (freepbx.org)

I haven’t touched this in a decade, but I recall it being very simple. Dial *34, enter DTMF to set the recording file name and then record the dictation. Dial *35 and enter the previously entered DTMF to email the recorded file. Recording files are saved in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/dictate/

So you’re not aware of any controls once recording starts? Like pause or start a new dictation?

Edit: Maybe this would work?
http://asteriskdocs.org/en/2nd_Edition/asterisk-book-html-chunk/asterisk-APP-B-308.html

The FreePBX dialplan invokes the Asterisk DICTATE application, so whatever controls Asterisk provides should work.

> dialplan show *34@from-internal
[ Included context 'app-dictate-record' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '*34' =>          1. Set(__COS_DEST=dodictate)                  [extensions_additional.conf:1798]
                    2. Set(__COS_TYPE=FC)                         [extensions_additional.conf:1799]
                    3. Macro(user-callerid,)                      [extensions_additional.conf:1800]
                    4. Answer()                                   [extensions_additional.conf:1801]
                    5. Macro(user-callerid,)                      [extensions_additional.conf:1802]
                    6. Noop(CallerID is ${AMPUSER})               [extensions_additional.conf:1803]
                    7. Set(DICTENABLED=${DB(AMPUSER/${AMPUSER}/dictate/enabled)}) [extensions_additional.conf:1804]
                    8. GotoIf($[$["x${DICTENABLED}"="x"]|$["x${DICTENABLED}"="xdisabled"]]?nodict:dictok) [extensions_additional.conf:1805]
     [nodict]       9. Playback(feature-not-avail-line)           [extensions_additional.conf:1806]
                    10. Hangup()                                  [extensions_additional.conf:1807]
     [dictok]       11. Dictate(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/dictate/${AMPUSER}) [extensions_additional.conf:1808]
                    12. Macro(hangupcall,)                        [extensions_additional.conf:1809]
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.