DNS issues ( Unable to Activate FreePBX 14 via an EXSI server )- Is there an EZ way to ENABLE DNS resolution?

DNS issues ( Unable to Activate FreePBX 14 via an EXSI server )- Is there an EZ way to ENABLE DNS resolution ?

I would hate to delete the server and re-install Linux to alter the resolve.conf file in Ubuntu. Simply revising the gateway or adding DNS=8.8.8.8 doesn’t work in the ifcfg file ( /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts for ifcfg file for eth0.

Hopefully there’s a simple work around to this problem - Can someone please help??

Thanks in advance - GPB1

This has nothing to do with FreePBX, you need to fix Ubuntu. How did you even get FreePBX installed on an Ubuntu system without working DNS?

Jared please pardon the delayed response ( got distracted by superbowl festivities). I managed this by using my LAN router as the default gateway and the Linux installation &, updates (apt-get update etc) along with the Asterisk firmware was successful. Yesterday evening I managed to update the /etc/resolv.conf file with the google DNS server IP (i.e. nameserver 8.8.8.8 ) , rebooted and was able to complete the activation of the servers.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Since I’m new to the asterisk world, I’m sure I’ll be reaching out to you experts for further guidance.

GPB1

Then don’t do what you are doing in the first place.

Use the FreePBX distro as built. Don’t use 3rd party methods when you don’t know what you are doing.

I’ll elaborate a little.

The distro is more of a “Plug N’ Play”, installing manually is “experts only”…

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.