Distro v15 - Backup/Restore is not including EVERYTHING

(Nick Marques) #1

Hi all,

I am trying to make a complete system backup of a Freepbx Distro v15 to move to new hardware. As far as I can tell both are running the same modules and same versions.

When I make the backup ALL modules are checked, but when I restore, I get no errors and the following does not appear to be included:

• Ring Groups
  • System Recordings (will need the files included as well)
  • Fax Configuration
  • On Hold Music
  • Endpoint Manager Settings
  • IVR

I’m sure there are others as well, but what is going on here? How do I make an absolute complete system backup?

Also, when I run the backup, it looks like everything is included. For example, I see this for recordings:

Exporting Feature Codes from recordings
	Adding directory to tar: /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom
	Adding file to tar: files/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom/VOIP_Trk_1_Hello_Open.wav
	Adding file to tar: files/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom/VOIP_Trk_2_Closed.wav
	Adding file to tar: files/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom/VOIP_Trk_3_Closed_Holiday.wav
	Adding file to tar: files/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom/VOIP_Trk_4_Location.wav
	Adding module manifest for recordings

But when I open the archive file and go to that location, there are no files in the folder.

(Nick Marques) #2

Update – I got it to work but I am not sure what the culprit was…

I made sure the installed modules were exactly the same between both systems. There were more modules installed on the new system than the old, so I use CLI to remove them with fwconsole ma remove <module>. There were some installed on the old system that I think were deprecated and not necessary (they still have version 13 numbers, and trying to install them on the new system reported “not found”). So I removed those from the OLD server.

Ran the backup again… didn’t change any settings. Restoring this backup properly moved everything.

I used WinMerge to easily copy the result of fwconsole ma list into two windows to compare the differences.

(system) closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.