Distro v15 - Backup/Restore is not including EVERYTHING

Hi all,

I am trying to make a complete system backup of a Freepbx Distro v15 to move to new hardware. As far as I can tell both are running the same modules and same versions.

When I make the backup ALL modules are checked, but when I restore, I get no errors and the following does not appear to be included:

• Ring Groups
  • System Recordings (will need the files included as well)
  • Fax Configuration
  • On Hold Music
  • Endpoint Manager Settings
  • IVR

I’m sure there are others as well, but what is going on here? How do I make an absolute complete system backup?

Also, when I run the backup, it looks like everything is included. For example, I see this for recordings:

Exporting Feature Codes from recordings
	Adding directory to tar: /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom
	Adding file to tar: files/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom/VOIP_Trk_1_Hello_Open.wav
	Adding file to tar: files/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom/VOIP_Trk_2_Closed.wav
	Adding file to tar: files/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom/VOIP_Trk_3_Closed_Holiday.wav
	Adding file to tar: files/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom/VOIP_Trk_4_Location.wav
	Adding module manifest for recordings

But when I open the archive file and go to that location, there are no files in the folder.

Update – I got it to work but I am not sure what the culprit was…

I made sure the installed modules were exactly the same between both systems. There were more modules installed on the new system than the old, so I use CLI to remove them with fwconsole ma remove <module>. There were some installed on the old system that I think were deprecated and not necessary (they still have version 13 numbers, and trying to install them on the new system reported “not found”). So I removed those from the OLD server.

Ran the backup again… didn’t change any settings. Restoring this backup properly moved everything.

I used WinMerge to easily copy the result of fwconsole ma list into two windows to compare the differences.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.