Disk i/o errors on FreePBX distro

Here is an article on how to detach, scan, and re-attach LVM volumes.


And here’s one for the underlying file system


1 Like

My disk controller has it’s own built in battery. Also, the whole rack is 100% protected on dedicated power. And there’s a generator behind that. It can’t go down.

All these suggestions are great and I’m taking notes. I’ll try all these things when I can get some down-time.


I was excited to try xfs_check, but it does not exist.
xfs_repair is there, but no xfs_check.

Yes, it seems redhat removed it.

I tried xfs_repair too. It just says unable to find superblock, and quits.

Probably time to back up your system and rebuild the disk. I would suggest moving to zfs.

I just found something new in the logs.
Calls are dropping and I missed this key error in the log:

WARNING[6716][C-0000004e] res_rtp_asterisk.c: RTP Read error: Bad file descriptor. Hanging up.

This is the FreePBX distro. I don’t remember any options for file systems. Were there?

If you need to rebuild a disk partition , then theoretically you could make that choice

Oh my GOD.

OK, here’s where I’m at now.
I built an entirely new FreePBX 14 on a new VM.
Then, I did a full backup from my production system and restored it to the new server.
Then I shut everything down. I moved the newly created disk over to the production server and started it up. I thought that would be the end of my problems.

To my surprise, I have a ton of errors now.
One of the main problems is that the new system refuses to use my Letsencrypt certificate from the previous installation. I even deleted the certificate and completely regenerated it. Nope. FreePBX insists on using a local temporary cert that is not trusted. Every page is full of errors because of this.

Second, every time I try to configure anything on the new installation, I get a big red banner on the top of the screen that says UNDEFINED. And I cannot click on “Apply Config”. I just go through a cycle of Apply Config and UNDEFINED errors.

I think i’m down to this one issue now.
FreePBX is not using the correct certificate for TLS.
I’ve tried deleting the certificate and regenerating on from Letsencrypt. It made no difference. FreePBX still serves an invalid certificate.

If I go to /etc/asterisk/keys and run openssl x509 -in mycert.pem -text, it is perfectly valid. The problem is that FreePBX is not using it. It keeps serving an invalid temp certificate from when it the system was in testing.

from bash


locate *.pem

they probably should be in the asterisk users home directory or linked there


[[email protected] keys]# locate *.pem
[[email protected] keys]#

This is what I expect. And voip.aquilatech.pem is the key that it SHOULD be using. And it is marked as default in certificate management.

However, when I go to the dashboard, I get an invalid default certificate.

Sorry I don’t use the “Distro”

So many problems restoring from backup.

In addition to certificates not work, every page gives UNDEFINED error banner, and I cannot activate the server.

It says:
This machine is not activated. Activating your system ensures that
your machine is eligible for support and that it has the ability to
install Commercial Modules.

If you already have a Deployment ID for this machine, simply run:

fwconsole sysadmin activate deploymentid |

So I do that, and it says:
Asking for deployment deploymentid…Error!
Unable to track down your deployment

So, i have gone back to using the failing old server with the constant disk i/o errors.

Message us with the deployment id you are trying to use

For what it’s worth, I have been using FreePBX or it’s forbears for longer than most, I can assure you that I always deploy a completely open-source system that does not need registration, licensing or any ‘commercial’ modules with almost no lack of function, If you need commercial support , please feel free to use it as it makes it easier for newbies and adds function (at a cost) , complaining that the Open-source parts of FreePBX are in any way not working or likely to go away is just plain wrong.

Your backup tarball contains whatever you chose to put in it, the mysql dumps, the web server and the etc/asterisk files and anything else you arbitrarily added to your backup schema , you should be careful restoring any part of it if you suspect that the original system was in any way ‘Broken’ ( as yours apparently was) and it is very easy to be particular as to what you want to restore.



This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.