Disabling DND when using Intercom

Let me explain what I’m trying to accomplish. I have created a paging group and I’m able to use the paging group to send out a message over the intercom of our phones. However, whenever a user has their phone in DND mode they do not get the intercom message.

Our phones are Linksys SPA962 phones. I’d like to be able to disable the DND on the phone in order for them to receive the intercom message. I’m not sure how I would go about doing this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

From the sound of it at the moment the phone is controlling the DND function.

Log into the web interface on the phone and disable the function and create a soft button that says DND, set it to ring the asterisk short code that toggles DND on the PBX

From there set the force flag on the paging group. If that still does not work you many need to make a minor alteration to paging group code to ignore the DND short code.

Please let me know if this does not help

Here is the solution I came up with.

I was going to disable the dnd on the phone and in pbx. If users didn’t want the phone to ring they would have to turn the ringer volume all of the way down.

I like your idea of reprogramming the soft key. I’m just not sure how to reprogram the soft key. If you know how to I’d appreciate I response. In the meantime I’m going to see if I can figure that out.

My only concern with the soft key is how would the person know if dnd is on. For example, let’s say they turn on dnd and then later they aren’t sure if it’s on or not.

Thanks for the help.