Directory Type OpenLDAP not available

I’ve recently installed FreePBX 14.0.17 and have it configured with local users. After adding OpenLDAP to our Ubuntu server, I have tried following the guide on configuring it in the FreePBX UI but I only have “FreePBX Internal Directory” and “Asterisk Voicemail” in the list of options in Admin->User Management->Directories->Add->Directory Type. I have installed php-ldap on the server as per other topics but still have no entry in the menu.

Can anyone advise on how I can get this working?

Welcome to the fourm!

14 is end of life. For a new install you should be on 16.

Thanks for the quick reply. I only see 14.0 as Stable and 15.0 as Alpha on the manual install page on pageId 1048598 of the Wiki (sorry, it won’t let me post a link)

I’m guessing I just replace freepbx-14.0-latest.tgz with freepbz-16.0-latest.tgz?

Do you know if this will upgrade from 14.0->16.0 or do I need to do a clean install?

It looks like I need to fire up a completely new machine as the “expert” install guide is not up to date at all, therefore the version of Ubuntu is also incorrect. At least I can treat the first attempt as being a training exercise. I don’t think any further comments are required and I hope the post helps someone who might be coming to this afresh.

After completing a fresh installation using Installing FreePBX 16 on Debian 10.9 - FreePBX OpenSource Project - Documentation and also installed the php-ldap service. I still have no LDAP option for the Directory Type when adding a directory.

Could someone please point me to any usable documentation on how to add an LDAP directory to FreePBX 16.x?

Did you a2enmod ldap and restart apache after installing php-ldap?

I found a thread from a few years ago where I asked this same question and the answer was just php-ldap.

I hadn’t but have now, it has not made any difference though. I’m still only seeing the default options in the dropdown list.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.