Directory Module hangs up

We have a FreePBX distro that was upgraded from 12 to 13. After the upgrade, the Directory does not work properly. It simply hangs up when you dial the right person. After watching asterisk when this happens, it looks like the system is looking for a non-existant text to speech wav file in /var/spool/asterisk/tmp/ folder. The members of the Directory are all set to use Voicemail Greeting, but most don’t have their greeting recorded yet.
If I set a user to Spell Name, it will properly transfer me to that user through the Directory.

I have already removed and reinstalled the Directory, TTS, and TTSEngines modules in an effort to fix this. Please help.

[2016-03-23 15:50:26] WARNING[10197][C-00000086]: file.c:701 ast_openstream_full: File /var/spool/asterisk/tmp/directory-tts-1458762626642wav does not exist in any format
[2016-03-23 15:50:26] WARNING[10197][C-00000086]: pbx.c:6709 __ast_pbx_run: Channel ‘SIP/136-000000dc’ sent to invalid extension but no invalid handler: context,exten,priority=from-internal,4,1

*looks around suspiciously *

It’s possible this may be a change I recently submitted, but I’ll check. It certainly worked fine when it was tested, but I just re-checked and I notice the hangup too.

Let me dive into the code and get back to you…

Yeah, that one is on me. The bug is now corrected and a pull request issued for the code, shouldn’t take long for the update to be available hopefully.
Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to the update. I guess I’ll use the asterisk phone book until then

I am also experiencing this issue. Just updated all modules and no change. I am seeing the same symptoms.

The fix for this is in our EDGE track currently

fwconsole ma update framework
fwconsole ma --edge update directory
fwconsole reload