Direct DID's vs. Inbound Routing

you can route DID’s in freepbx in one of two places. Either as a specific inbound route where you can specify callerid as well as the DID, or you can put it with the extension as a Direct DID. The Direct DID was added to make it more convenient when many/every extension had their own DID.

However, in the current implementation, if you specifiy a Direct DID, then it will take precedence. Furthermore, you can not specify ‘special case’ routing with inbound routes for certain Caller IDs to that DID. Another issue today is that there is no checking for conflicts between the Direct DID and the Inbound routing, which can lead to confusion. There is also no checking between extensions.

All of hte above limitations have just been rectified in some changes I put into the 2.2 branch to fix these issues. You will now be blocked from duplicating a DID. In addition, you can put a DID with an extension, and then a specific route for that same DID + callerid in Inbound routing and they will all work propery.

You can either pull the 2.2 branch and reinstall, or wait patiently for the next maintenace release, 2.2.2, which should not be to long now.

the fix is already in the 2.2 branch (for the main release) and will be part of the 2.2.3 maintenance release. If you want to get the fix now you can load the 2.2. branch from svn and install it (it will then say you are running 2.2.3). Or you can wait for the maintenance release which will probably be a couple of weeks.

Hi,

Thanks for that, latest version installed and the problem has gone away.

Graham

Does this mean that if I specified a DID number of 5554443333 and a CLID of 555NXXXXXX for an inbound route rule, this will not work?

darnold,
you can’t have a direct DID associated with an extenions & an inbound route with that same DID, the error is correct. You can do this if the inbound route includes both a DID and a CID, since that is not a duplicate.

cyberglobe,
I haven’t tried ‘wild-cards’ for CID matching, I don’t know off hand if asterisk supports that or not (which is how CID matching is currently implemented - dependent on how Asterisk handles it).

[quote=“darnold”]
unfortunately that is causing some trouble (at least for me). When trying to update a user record a message box keeps telling me that the user already has this DID. e.g. “This DID is already associated with extension: 20 (Arnold Daniel)” when trying to save the user 20.[/quote]

I am seeing the exact same problem. The DID is only defined once on the extension (i.e. Extension 200 - Emma) but everytime you try to update the extension you get an error saying the DID is already in use by extension 200 Emma.

While the ‘work around’ of delete the DID, make the change, save, put the DID back, save, will work in the very short term, when you have to update 20-30 extensions in a session it get very tiresome very quickly.

Does anyone have a fix for this yet?

Thanks

Graham

Hi,

unfortunately that is causing some trouble (at least for me). When trying to update a user record a message box keeps telling me that the user already has this DID. e.g. “This DID is already associated with extension: 20 (Arnold Daniel)” when trying to save the user 20.

Blank out Extension 20’s DID first, apply changes, reload, then try it again. This should work.

Sure, this works. But isn’t intended to be used that way… I think :wink: