Direct call pickup to an extension in a ring group does not work

I’m using 14.0.13.33 and I have a ring group set to ringall for 7 extensions. If I directly dial an extension I can pick up that extensions from another by dialling **extension.

If I dial the ring group number, all phones ring as expected, but if I try to pickup any extension in the ring group with **extension it fails to pick it up with a 603 error displayed on the phone.

However I can pick up the call by using **ringgroup number fine if I have call pickup enabled on the ring group. I have tried **extension with and without pickup enabled (The help text says it should work either way).

If I use the generic pickup *8, that does pickup the call from the ringgroup.

The reason I do not want to use *8 is because each phone has a BLF button, that works for directed call pickup when flashing under normal circumstances, and I want the same user experience when the extensions are ringing due to a ring group as well as a direct call.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

A quick trip through the /var/log/asterisk/full file should give us some more info. Post your extract to the FreePBX pastebin archive so we can look at it.

I’d guess that it has something to do with the call not being assigned to a phone yet, so none of the phones (even though they’re ringing) are actually in the call.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.