Digium Phones Boot Loop

FreePBX 12.0.76.4 fully updated
Endpoint Manager
D40, D50 and D70 phones on fw version 1.06

Digium phones start to boot, think they need a new firmware and so they download and install it, successfully according to the phone’s screen. Then they reboot, go into Reconfiguration mode, download the firmware again and reboot. Etc. ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

I found that if I put an old version of firmware in the second slot and do a factory reset, I can get the phones to come back to life. But that bank has version 1.05 and if I change it to something like the latest version 1.09, I get stuck in the boot loop again.

Update:

I noticed, by watching the apache access_log, it seems that if I try to install a new firmware on a D50 through EPM, the phone continues to request the same version that was last installed, even though they are accessing the correct slot.

I assume this is due to apache caching the file. If I let it try enough times it will eventually get the right file. Problem is, if I try to install a firmware newer than 1.06 for the D50 I am testing with, it fails. Actually the phone reports that the firmware update is complete, but when the phone reboots it pulls the firmware again and reinstalls. This continues until I have it install 1.06.

I have been 100% unsuccessful in getting 1.07, 1.08 or 1.09 to install.

I have been running into the same issue with two D50 phones and have not been able to get past it. Any way to resolve this yet?

1 Like

Just ran into this issue as well. Anyone? My D50’s are working fine, but my D70’s are stuck in a boot loop

Guys, I fixed it. Force the digium phones firmware model by going into the Digium Phones module, disabling “Easy Mode”, Editing the phone and selecting the newest firmware. It not only fixed the boot loops, it also fixed my contacts list issues.