Digium FFA installed but faxes are not being detected

I am a newbie so bare with me as I try to explain my problem.

I just install Digium FFA so i could receive faxes, I’m not interested in sending faxes. But when ever a fax comes in the system plays the main greeting IVR I setup. It doesn’t seem to detect it is a fix.

Here is what i get from asterisk when a call from a fax comes in.

-- Starting simple switch on 'DAHDI/3-1'
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:1] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "__FROM_DID=s") in new stack
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:2] ExecIf("DAHDI/3-1", "0 |Set|CALLERID(name)=9413772091") in new stack
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:3] Ringing("DAHDI/3-1", "") in new stack
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:4] Wait("DAHDI/3-1", "5") in new stack
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:5] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "__CALLINGPRES_SV=allowed_not_screened") in new stack
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:6] SetCallerPres("DAHDI/3-1", "allowed_not_screened") in new stack
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:7] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "FAX_DEST=from-did-direct^61^1") in new stack
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:8] Answer("DAHDI/3-1", "") in new stack
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:9] Wait("DAHDI/3-1", "4") in new stack
-- Executing [s@from-pstn:10] Goto("DAHDI/3-1", "timeconditions|1|1") in new stack
-- Goto (timeconditions,1,1)
-- Executing [1@timeconditions:1] GotoIfTime("DAHDI/3-1", "07:30-17:30|mon-fri|*|jan-dec?app-daynight|0|1") in new stack
-- Goto (app-daynight,0,1)
-- Executing [0@app-daynight:1] GotoIf("DAHDI/3-1", "0?ivr-9|s|1:ivr-3|s|1") in new stack
-- Goto (ivr-3,s,1)
-- Executing [s@ivr-3:1] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "MSG=custom/Main_Greating") in new stack
-- Executing [s@ivr-3:2] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "LOOPCOUNT=0") in new stack
-- Executing [s@ivr-3:3] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "__DIR-CONTEXT=default") in new stack
-- Executing [s@ivr-3:4] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "_IVR_CONTEXT_ivr-3=") in new stack
-- Executing [s@ivr-3:5] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "_IVR_CONTEXT=ivr-3") in new stack
-- Executing [s@ivr-3:6] GotoIf("DAHDI/3-1", "1?begin") in new stack
-- Goto (ivr-3,s,9)
-- Executing [s@ivr-3:9] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "TIMEOUT(digit)=3") in new stack
-- Digit timeout set to 3
-- Executing [s@ivr-3:10] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "TIMEOUT(response)=5") in new stack
-- Response timeout set to 5
-- Executing [s@ivr-3:11] Set("DAHDI/3-1", "__IVR_RETVM=") in new stack
-- Executing [s@ivr-3:12] ExecIf("DAHDI/3-1", "1|Background|custom/Main_Greating") in new stack
-- <DAHDI/3-1> Playing 'custom/Main_Greating' (language 'en')
-- Executing [h@ivr-3:1] Hangup("DAHDI/3-1", "") in new stack

== Spawn extension (ivr-3, h, 1) exited non-zero on ‘DAHDI/3-1’

any help would be great!!

Thanks

Rich

your base dadhi configuration needs to support it, it’s something like faxdetect=incoming iirc.

do you have fax detection enabled in your dahdi configuration files?

I have enable fax detect on the incoming route.

under the Fax detect in the inbound route the settings are.

Detect Faxes: yes
Fax detection type: Dahdi
Fax Detection time: 4

Ok where do I find this information. Is there a file or anything else there i can post to help you find out if my dahdi configuration is supported?

I think it’s in chand_dadhi.conf. My test system is still zaptel so in my case it is in my zapata.conf (the one that includes the zapata_additional.conf with the line:

faxdetect=incoming

someone configured with dahdi can pipe in if otherwise.

i add faxddtect=incoming to the chan_dahdi.conf under [channels]

thinks for all your help
U ROCK!!!

I been doing some testing and I keep getting this error. “FAXSTATUS=FAILED LICENSE EXCEEDED” about 1 of every 5 faxes get recived. any advise??

that message comes because of a ‘work around’ we put in to try and detect a failed fax because all licenses were used.

It turns out that Asterisk does nor report anything back and so we have to ‘guess’ that is the reason if all other sources fail.

So it’s either because the license is in fact exceeded (currently receiving a fax when another comes in), or there are failure modes that we are not properly reporting on. If the latter and you want to try to help and isolate it, you can turn up the fax debugging information (you’ll have to look up how to do that, I don’t know off hand), and then check what you can find when one of those failures occur. That may lead us to a better algorithm to use in “guessing” why a fax failed.