Dialling from Contacts PhoneApp on Yealink T5 Series Handsets

I realise these are separate modules but one enables configuration of the other & to deliberately ‘hide’ that option under the banner of ‘its not supported/Yealink won’t pay’ seems off to me. This isn’t about whether they are the same thing, it’s about being able to configure the option in EPM from the Line/Soft Keys Web Gui for ‘EPM Certified’ devices.

The recent announcement of additional support for Yealink & other 3rd party phones states that it’s in an effort to ‘provide a best-in-class experience for provisioning Endpoints with FreePBX’ & yet these actions seem to fly in the face of that.

I also understand that there are ‘other ways’ to do some of this (basefile edit, remote phone book scripts etc.), however, doing basic things like having to configure a ‘EPM Certified’ handset ‘manually’, rather than through the Web Gui of the EPM module that I paid for, simply de-values the whole thing as being a viable commercial proposition. It’s fine if I just want to spend my time tinkering with tech as a hobby, but there’s no Commercial value in that for anyone.

This also goes completely against what it actually says on the ‘PhoneApps Supported Devices’ page about using essentially non Sangoma/Digium phones. To para-phrase, that page says ‘try it for yourselves, mileage may vary’, no mention of ‘we will deliberately hide the option when using unsupported 3rd party phones, even though they might work fine’.

I probably still sound like I’m raging, must work on that. Thank you for your comments, I appreciate your input.