Dial pattern matches problem

I’m running the FreePBX 13.0.190.11’VoIP Server’. I created one trunk and uses the SIP provider for international calls. I am able to call to USA and India’s region but unable to call UK, Australia.

Whenever I am dealing at the UK or Australian number receiving “your call cannot be completed as dialed please check the dial number again”. We need to call in multiple locations. Such as UK, Au, Japan, German and I have purchased an international dialing plan from sip provider.

I guess there is a problem of outbound dial pattern matches. kindly give me the solution so I can place a call anywhere in the world through PBX. I am attaching the screenshot for your better understanding.

USA:(212) 913-XXXX (abale to call)
AU:(02) 8003 XXXX(unabale to call)
UK:020 8144 XXXX (unabale to call)

Hello,

You need to remove the leading 0 from your outbound routes.
Furthermore, it is better to add a 00 prefix in order to avoid mistakes with your local routes.

You should ask your provider how he is expecting to get the international calls and configure your outbound routes accordingly.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

1 Like

Can u let me know the dial pattern of UK and AUS?

Hello,

The international prefix of UK is 44 and for Australia is 61.
So, your users should dial 0044 or 0061.

Your dial pattern should be 00 as a prefix and 44X. or 61X.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Hello Danielf,

I have tried it so many ways but it’s not working. However, attaching the dial pattern for your perusal.

Hello,

You can just put this pattern in the first rule X. and try to send whatever you want to send.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

still, is not working Danielf.

Hello,

The order of the outbound rules is very important. move your general rule to be the first and retest.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Hello, I removed all the rules and put only the X. rules in the frist place.

Now I can dial all Indian number and USA number but for UK and AUS is not working.

When I am dialing the UK number it’s ringing once and then telling “the number you have dialed is not in service”

For AUS number is telling “all circuits are busy right now” once a ring.

There is any other rules for 11 digit number? or anything else I have to configure to dial worldwide.

Hello,

The pattern X. means that you can dial any number with at least one digit from 0-9.

It seems that you have issues with your provider. I suggest to open a ticket at their support and verify the reason for not being able to dial to UK and AUS.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

When I am dialing this UK and AUS number from outside of FreePBX, like IP phone then I able to call this number simply using a country code before the number 61+ (02) 8003 XXXX

is it possible you are misdialing ?

http://www.howtocallabroad.com

Might help how you dial internationally worldwide and interpret the local ‘meta code’ for + and ignore any locale specufuc prepend of internal numbers. For example,

+44(0)2075664353

You would from india, dial

00(the local version of the +) 2075664353

Notive you don’t need the bit in the parentheses, the ‘trunk prefix’, 0 for both uk and au.

You also might have VSP specific rubrics.

I am dialing from India but I am using USA DID. According to http://www.countrycallingcodes.com I have to dial 011 + 61 + state/province = which is 01161 (02) 8003 xxxx. is it the right dialing? and one important thing is that during dialing I am getting the voice message that all circuits are busy right now.

Hello,

You need to dial without the leading zero.

0116128003XXXX or 006128003XXXX or 6128003XXXX

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

For Sydney, AU (where all numbers are 9 digits)you would dial from india

00612XXXXXXXX

From a US based VSP

011612XXXXXXXX

They might accept also a + instead of 011 but that is hard to find on a regular landline phone :wink:

I have tried both ways but a result remains same.

00 + 61 +(02) 8003 XXXX
011 + 61 +(02) 8003 XXXX

Let us try for the fourrh time, DON’T DIAL THE 0 IN THE PARENTHESES

1161 (02) 8003 XXXX…not working

international access 011 counytr code 61 City code 2 then 8 digits number

(That was the 5th and last time ftom me)

YEP…its working…thanks man…Thank you all for your speedy response. There is one thing I would like to know that why I need to dial without 0 though 0 is the part of this number.