Dial Patterm "Replace"

Hello,

I’m trying to define in FreePBX outbound route a dial pattern that would performing something like:
Dialed: 00 33 1 33333333
Output: 011 33 1 33333333

How do I remove the 00 and put 011 INSTEAD?

Thanks,

David

Use the “Dialed Number Manipulation Rules” in the outbound trunk.

Since you did not state what version of FreePBX you are running, I can’t give you exact syntax. If you mouse over the field in the trunk page it will give you “tool tips” configuration examples for the field.

Sorry for neglecting to provide the version number. I installed the latest AsteriskNow system and it includes FreePBX 2.7.0.10.

What I’m trying to achieve is the equivalent to this:

exten => _00331., 1, Dial(SIP/011${EXTEN:2}@USA)

I saw the tool-tip, but couldn’t figure out how to add the 011 before the {EXTEN:2} and how to represent the start of the relevant data as the 3rd dialed digit.

Thanks.

Anyone??

I assumed my query was a relatively simple one for experienced FreePBX users.

Thanks.

BTW, that’s the tool-tip of the dial pattern. It says how to remove a prefix (by “|”), but not how to add:

A Dial Pattern is a unique set of digits that will select this trunk. Enter one dial pattern per line.

Rules:
X matches any digit from 0-9
Z matches any digit from 1-9
N matches any digit from 2-9
[1237-9] matches any digit or letter in the brackets (in this example, 1,2,3,7,8,9)

. wildcard, matches one or more characters
| separates a dialing prefix from the number (for example, 9|NXXXXXX would match when some dialed “95551234” but would only pass “5551234” to the trunks)
/ appended to a dial pattern, matches a callerid or callerid pattern (for example, NXXXXXX/104 would match only if dialed by extension “104”)

Upgrade to FreePBX 2.8 or 2.9, the dial pattern matching was enhanced to accomplish what you are asking for. Use the Version Upgrade module.

Hello, you have to use the dial rules in the trunk, because in outbound routes you can’t use the “+” character.

Dialed: 00 33 1 33333333
Output: 011 33 1 33333333

try:

00|011+XXXXXXXXXXX

You can if you upgrade to FPBX 2.9, and it is very easy to do just by filling in fields. A mouse over gives you the instructions you need.

As an aside, if you have not gone into production yet you might consider loading the FreePBX Distro which is being well supported and will always have easy upgrade facilities for FPBX and asterisk.