Dial numbers without pressing "send" on sangoma phones?

Current versions of EPM allow you to set two different dial timeout parameters on the options tab for the Sangoma templates:

Read the tool tips for each and you will see how they work.

I know I’m a little late to the party, but with EPM 14.0.11 on my lab system, sangoma_default was

So I clicked on it and changed to value to 3, and the P85 disappeared entirely from the file after save,rebuild,update. Phone reloaded, but still have to enter # or punch Send to dial.

So I set “Dial Entry Timeout” = 3 and left “Dial Now Timeout” at default 2 for the sangoma_default template, save,rebuild,update and even rebooted my S705. I still have to hit # or punch “Send” for it to dial.

Went back to base file edit, still no P85 so I entered it

and it was there, but in red
save,rebuild,update and rebooted my S705

I still have to enter # or punch Send to dial. What am I missing here?

1 Like

we use a dial plan for ours. Works flawless on yealink

Example: 911|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1xx

You don’t need (or want) to make any basefile edits to get this working, you should revert your edits. There are two fields in the template that come into play, Dial Patterns and Dial Now Timeout. Specify all the separate patterns you want to automatically dial, and after the Dial Now Timeout has elapsed, if there is a matching dial pattern then the phone will auto dial without pressing send. So as an example, on my system, i have 5000 series extension numbers, so I modify the default dial pattern as:

{5XXX|[x*]+}

Dial Now Timeout is set to 2. When I dial 5016 on my phone, after 2 seconds delay, it automatically dials without pressing send.

Thanks, Lorne.

I assume I edit Dial Pattern in EPM sangoma_default, which is currently x+#|xx+* with no { }.
My understanding, based on https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PHON/Dial+Patterns, is that * is a literal, so the default dialplan says, “when any number of digits followed by # is dialed, send to PBX OR when 2 or more digits are dialed followed by * wait for send button or #” So I don’t see how that default allows for feature codes like ** or *87, but it works.

Your dial plan seems to say, " after dial timeout, send 5XXX OR any number of digits and *s to pbx" so if my understand were correct the 5XXX would be redundant.

So, with my understand as clear as mud, my guess is if I want it to dial after 3 seconds for ANY number, I would enter {x+|xx+*} and Dial Timeout Now =3?

Also, I know *xx+ or ** trigger feature codes, but not sure what digits followed by * do.

That dial pattern is not actually valid, it is a result of an old EPM bug that is now fixed. Invalid dial patterns are ignored by the phone and it uses its internal default. If you create a new template today,(you don’t have to save it) you will see the default dial pattern is {[x*]+}, which is where you should be starting from.

No. Dial patterns with a + are open ended, the phone will wait for additional digits to be entered and will not respect the Dial Timeout Now param. It will respect the Dial Entry Timeout if set to non-zero. For the Dial Timeout Now param to work you must specify individual closed dial patterns like 5xxx or [2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx

Dial pattern scripture is here Sangoma Documentation