Deskphone. Softphone all using same extension credentials At same time. Is that possible?

Hi,

Not sure what technical term is.

But can you have multiple phones logging into PBX as same extension?

My example is I have a Desk-phone, Then I have a softphone for when remote. So rather than have a softphone extension different to my general desk-phone. Can you just connect with SoftPhone with same credentials even though the phone is connected on my Desk at office.

I run PBXact

I have tried it but get mixed results. So not sure if there is a setting somewhere to allow it.

Richard

At FreePBX you can add change the max-contacts settings at the extension under avdanced. This should solve your problem.

Registration. You can register multiple SIP contacts to a PJSIP extension if you raise max contacts set. It’s not possible using chan_sip.

1 Like

Hi,

I am running PBXact which is freepbx with some licensed features. I can see that Max setting in advanced. Nor in any other tab on the extension.

Richard

It is a setting in the extension, if the extension type is set to PJSIP (as opposed to CHANSIP, virtual, etc.).

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.