Desk phone and computer integration

Not sure how to phrase what I’m asking, but we have a bunch of Snom 821 phones with our FreePBX based system.

Is there any way to get some sort of integration where I can click on a phone number on my PC and it will dial out on the desk phone?
I know I can do this with softphones and things like the Skype client, but is it possible with a physical endpoint?

Oh, I can get dialing to work in Outlook… I just can’t get the phone button to work. It’s grayed out on the contact cards… apparently it only works with Lync? I’ve got it working well enough that I’m not pursuing it further, but if someone does find an answer, please post it here in case others run across this thread.

There is an OSS FF/Chrome browser plugin called Noojee click which is decent.
There was a non-free product called Ingenius Connector that had decent Outlook integration but last time I went looking, the project had changed to “Enterprise” and I’m not sure how pricing/functionality works now.
There is a brand new product that only works with certain phones called: Teletrigger
You can play endlessly with free projects that provide Asterisk integration with Windows TAPI, but last I tried them they were all more work than just dialing digits manually.

That Noojee looks like what I’m looking for, but I need something broader.
Web browsers are fine, but ideally they would be able to click numbers from any program, such as ACT! CRM or QuickBooks Enterprise, or even Outlook.

Ideally it would be totally program agnostic and run at the system level.

xtelsio looks promising, I’ll let you know how it works out.

xtelsio works well, but is not free.
I ended up using siptapi (0.2.13) and it is working great. I’m able to make calls from Sage ACT! and windows dialer.
Now I just need to figure out how to make it work with Outlook 2013 which apparently many others have issues with.

If anyone has any breakthroughs on this, I would appreciate it… there are workarounds for 2007 and 2010, but not 2013.

Thanks for the heads up on SIPTAPI. I thought I had heard of all of these TAPI projects, but this is a new one to me. I have tested and got it working with basic windows dialing, I will try it out on Outlook 2010 tomorrow.

but have you had an opportunity to try this with outlook 2013 on either windows 7 or 8?