Delete Calendar entry for one day

Can a Calendar entry be deleted for a specific day? Example - I’m off today, returning Monday. I created an event starting Monday recurring weekdays with my normal hours. Today, since there’s no entry and I have Inbound Routes for my DID going to Time Conditions which reference my Calendar, my calls go directly to voicemail as desired.

Could I delete a Calendar entry in the future, for example Labor Day so the same routing will occur? The only option I saw was Delete Event, which of course deletes everything. I know with UCP I can also set DND which would usually go to my busy greeting but I have a temporary greeting currently set.

You have to create a cascade with several time conditions controlled by several calendars or time groups. Create an inbound route, which points to your first time condition (Holidays, > holiday calendar), if there is a non-match link it to the second time condition (regular office hours, > time group: office hours). If there is a holiday match, forward the call to your mailbox (time condition setting). If there is a non-match for office hours, forward the call to your mailbox too. If there is a match for office hours forward the call to your IVR.
That’s the way it works…
If you want to manually switch the state at a certain day, start your cascade with a call-flow-control switch before you point it to the holiday time condition. You can use a feature code and a blf-button on your phone (red-green light) to overrule your automated time settings with the call-flow-control, which directly goes e.g. to your ringgroup.

Got it, thanks. Kind of like electronic logic gates. What I did for now before I saw this was create an office hours calendar for next week that ends Friday. I created another resuming Tuesday of the following week until the next holiday, resulting in Labor Day having no entry which will route calls directly to voicemail.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.