Delay on incoming PSTN calls

I have just installed a TDM410P card (1 FXO) in a FreePBX 2.7.0.10, Asterisk 1.6.2.11, AsteriskNow 1.7.1 system.

At first incoming calls worked, but the DID was not assigned. Outgoing calls did not work (all circuits are busy). Following the advice given here fixed that: http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/installation/all-circuits-busy-message-when-dialing-out-using-fxo-port-in-uk-help#comment-28136

After changing group number 0 to group number 1 everywhere (DAHDi, Zap-channel DIDs, Trunks), incoming and outgoing calls work.

And now the problems… The phone line is (temporarily) connected to both the old Philips PBX, and the new FreePBX system. The old PBX acknowledges the incoming call right away, the FreePBX phone (connected through a PAP-2T) starts ringing about 5 seconds later. Calls coming in through the SIP trunk are not that slow. Is there a reason for the delay?

The second problem, is that one end of the call going through the TDM card experiences a bad echo - not both ends. Calls going through the SIP trunk don’t have that problem.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

My PAP2 is also slow to ring, I set a ring group up and my SIP enables Cisco 7960’s ring instantly while there is a huge delay on the PAP2.
I am looking into the internal timers to see if something can be tweaked as it has something to do with the ringer.
Caller ID comes up on the phones instantly, but it takes 6 seconds to hear the ring.

Today I conducted a highly scientific test. I used a plain old phone connected to a plain old telephone line, a phone connected to the old Philips PBX and a phone connected to the FreePBX system through a PAP2T.

If I call the analogue line connected to both PBXes, the Philips phone starts ringing after 1 second. The PAP2 phone starts ringing after 12 seconds - even slower than I thought initially. If I call the SIP trunk, the phone starts ringing after 6 seconds.

Is there anything to be done about the extra 6 second delay? Is it normal/not normal? Should I provide more information?

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

fxotune seems to have helped with the echo (didn’t have much time for testing today), but the delay is still there.

And a small clarification. Both PBX’es are connected directly to the line.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen