Delay After a failed call

have have latest x64 distro installed. and is working fine.

Only issue i am facing is, whenever a call gets failed, user has to wait for 30 to 40 seconds before dailing next number because when tries the call just after failed called (by any reason) next call also gets failed.
I am hoping there is some delay setting that can be adjusted after a failed call.

Thanks
Ashish

It would depend on the technology of the trunk, you neglect to mention, if analog look into hangup supervision.

Its a sip trunk. precisely a managed VoIP sip trunk. same trunk is also configured on a switchvox pbx, where there is no such issue.
Also I have secondary Skype trunk (sip.skype.com). on this trunk as well we experince delay after a failed call. After a failed call, nothing even appears on Asterisk console, I am using Eyebeam.

Set sip debugging on, if there is no sip traffic, suspect your network setup, if there is then it should provide some clues.

Hi dicko,
I think it was Eyebeam which enforcing delay after failed call.
basically, when freepbx discovered failed call, it played two ivr files one by one of unavailabilty,failed call etc. and then status message (may be) passed to Eyebeam, where it played “three called failed tones” and then may be enforced a delay.
I don’t have any way to configure this on eyebeam, but if I can “loop” the files played by Freepbx or just make them longer enough to be played for 1-2 minutes may be, then it will force the user (logically) to hang-up the call himself on Eyebeam. and then he can just dial next number without any failure or delay.
can you suggest any way to get this done.?

I figured it out somehow.
Override extensions_additional.conf by editing extensions_override_freepbx.conf with below:
[bad-number]
include => bad-number-custom
exten => _X.,1,ResetCDR()
exten => _X.,n,NoCDR()
exten => _X.,n,Progress
exten => _X.,n,Wait(1)
exten => _X.,n,Progress
exten => _X.,n,Playback(silence/1&cannot-complete-as-dialed&check-number-dial-again,hangup)
;I just changed “noanswer” to “hangup” in above line.
exten => _X.,n,Wait(1)
exten => _X.,n,Congestion(20)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

inventive but incorrect:-

core show application playback

hangup is neither “skip” nor “noanswer”, do the logs not bitcha bout the incorrect syntax?.

Nope. No error on console at all. results are exactly what I wanted to achieve.
Now instead of eyebeam playing “the person you are trying reach is unavailable… and Tree tones too-dan-donnn” (LoL), it shows now call established and then plays the messages “annot-complete-as-dialed&check-number-dial-again” and then plays some Hangup tone for around 45 seconds, then shows “hangup” and ready to dial next number. I actually edited the above two messages with some voilen background music and repeated them for around 40 seconds, after that eyebeam plays “hangup” tone for 5 seconds and call get disconnected. so user can either listen to it or just hangup and dial next “correct” number without any issue.
I am very glad that first time i ever solved any problem related to axterisk on my own, though your “debug” direction helped me lot.!!! thanks.

I will be glad if you can explain any impact of this on our productivity or dialing performance, as you mentioned my way is incorrect. we are into outbound call center with around 300 agents dialing manually doing contact discovery around the globe…

after 45 seconds it get auto hangup.

Sorry, I’m not interested at all in spam calling.

I guess there is an audio filed named hangup

300 People sweating away using free everything. Somehow that seems “out of the spirit” but I am getting political here.