Default Partitions

I have installed Distro on a system and notice that the root partition is rather too small(only 50G). Is there anyway to install Distro on a full HDD without any partition?

The FreePBX Distro should repartition and reformat your entire drive. I have installed it many, many times and have never seen it not use the entire drive.

Are you loading the FreePBX Distro from this site. What version of FreePBX? What type of hardware?

Post the output of where you are seeing only 50Gig.

I downloaded from http://schmoozecom.com/. Running on I5 with 1TB HDD. I used Distro default installation without alter.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg_fnet106f68access-lv_root
50G 12G 36G 25% /
tmpfs 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 485M 33M 427M 8% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_fnet106f68access-lv_home
860G 200M 816G 1% /home

It looks like the install setup the logical volume manager with a / of 50Gig and /home of 860Gig

I don’t often use the LVM. Most of my install have dual drives with RAID1.

What version did you install?

You could do an advanced install and make the partitions and file systems any size you like.

Thanks for the head up. I chose 2.11 with no RAID I believe. Seems like I will have to reinstall again. .Another qns tho.,I can see the log files can become rather big. Will the system do something automatically or need manual job? Please shield some light on it…

The distro setups logrotate.

It sounds like you downloaded a ISO that we have not published yet and picked the HA option which uses LVM and sets up the root partion to be small as we re-size the LVM with the HA module.

downloaded the latest Freedistro ISO and use advance option with entire hdd installation. but it still come out with the same partition…

[root@fnet106-f68-access ~]# df -h
/dev/mapper/vg_fnet106f68access-lv_root
50G 2.9G 44G 7% /
tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 485M 31M 429M 7% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_fnet106f68access-lv_home
860G 200M 816G 1% /home

What shall I do?

You mean you performed a manual partitioning and the system installer didn’t followed what you’ve chosen? I don’t think Anaconda has such behaviour (Automatic means automatic, manual means manual).

IMHO you need to perform a “manual partitioning” to do not let the installer to manage it for you automatically (this to get rid of LVM, mdadm or automatic partitioning scheme if you really don’t need them in your system or if you need to manage every single specific aspect of your file-system).

This means that you should know how to manage manually a partitioning scheme in Linux prior to blindly install it (I mean: what mount points / how much space / which type of partition and which type of file-system assign to each mount point you will define for you file-system).

See, as examples, here and here.

Nope…I installed Freepbx distro on fresh HDD automatically and came out with that small partition. Apparently the installation doesn’t delete previous partition. I removed all those partitions manually and created again myself, now seems to be ok.

You must be picking the HA option which gets it setup for HA mode.

Hi,
Same issue here.
Installed distro 4.211.64.7 on i7 and 1T disk.
output df -h
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root
50G 21G 27G 44% /
tmpfs 3.8G 504K 3.8G 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 485M 37M 423M 8% /boot
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_home
860G 200M 816G 1% /home
Can someone please quide me step by step with the cli commands on how to resize the /root partition cause i am not very familiar with Linux ,the pbx is in production and i dont want to make any errors.
TIA

Its just LVMs. So you can google LVM resize and lots of write ups.

ok.Thanks,
Solved
I just put the commands for someone else in need

lvm lvremove /dev/VolGroup/lv_home
lvm lvresize -l+100%FREE /dev/VolGroup/lv_root
resize2fs /dev/VolGroup/lv_root

thanks again