Default gui language before changing from Enlish to other

I am translating FreePBX 2.9 i18 and adjusted freepbx_admin.conf file to contain my new language.
All went super!
When I log in to the gui and change English to my new language, everything works fine.

But when I login from an other computer (no cookie?) the default language is English again, till I change it again. (for that system)

Question.
Can I set the new language to default for every new or other system, without having to change it first once from English to NewLanguage?

I hope you can help me, and I am very happy with your software!
Thanks in advance.

No and Yes.
No = default is English until changed and a cookie is set.
Yes = you can change the code in freepbx_admin.php, but when the next update of framework is released it is reset back to English.

Set the correct i18n in this code, substitute en_US with your language code:

if (extension_loaded('gettext')) {
                if (!isset($_COOKIE['lang'])) {
                        $_COOKIE['lang'] = "en_US";

In what language have you translated FreePBX?

Edited: I see that you reside in Netherlands, could you provide us with your localization so we can include it in FreePBX?

Thank you for your help.
I did already changed the cookie part to: $_COOKIE[‘lang’] = “nl_NL”;
But that does noet change the first login to dutch, only after a language change.

At the moment I am testing new customers with this dutch translation and I am correcting small errors in the language for now. It is a real big job, but looks realy good. Now I am tranlating the help functions as well. When I will be ready, I will provide you the Dutch language. I dont want a half translated FreePBX but also all the modules are translated as well.

Again thank for your help and I think FreePBX Distri is the best total solution ever!

Ahh, OK, we did some changes in the code, so if you look at libraries/view.functions.php, line 44, and change that, it will work.

I know the struggle with localization, it is a big task. I suggest that you start off with amp.po and get that localized first, then upload that to a ticket so that we can officially include Dutch language into FreePBX.

Thanx, I will try view.functions.php! Yess it works!

Already translated the important stuff (directly visible text)of amp.po
And also for all the other modules. Now I am busy translating also the help texts inside Amp.po and the modules, wich is the most work. I want a 100% translation to dutch.

Hallo Bas,

Jij hebt al veel ervaring opgedaan, daarom graag je advies. IK he heb deze week de laatste versie van FreePBX geïnstalleerd. Ik probeer de GUI in het Nederlands te krijgen. IN het pull down menu komt Nederlands niet voor. Als ik Locale -a doe staat Nederlands er wel tussen. Hoe krijg ik Nederlands nu actief?

Vast bij voorbaat dank voor je hulp.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Frans

Hoi Frans,

De Nederlandse taal is staandaar niet beschikbaar in freepbx. Ik heb deze eigenhandig gemaakt, en niet alleen de Framework, maar ook van alle Modules.
Er zijn weer fors wat functie’s bij gekomen na mijn laatste vertaling, dus ik loop wat achter.
Kortom het is een gigantische klus.
Ook hebben we het menu aangepast naar een menu, wat volgens ons, wat meer logica bevat.
Voor nu houden we de vertalingen nog voor onszelf en onze klanten. Met de tijd zullen we deze vrijgeven en na overleg overhandigen aan Freepbx zelf.
voor een voorbeeld kan je kijken in http://demo.4pbx.nl
login/pasw: demo
Alleen beschikbaar vanaf Nederlandse IP addressen.

Hallo Bas,

Dank. Jullie versie ziet er goed uit.

Groet Frans

Dank je Frans,

Wellicht handig eens contact met elkaar te hebben. Misschien kunnen we samen nog meer logica in de PBX brengen?
Wij zijn helemaal wild van Freepbx, omdat het ontzettend stabiel is in kleine en grote omgevingen. Ook dit Forum is geweldig voor de ontwikkeling.