Dahdi Module Not Writing Sangoma Files Correctly

Marc Celsie
Customer Engineer
Staff
Posted on: 06 February 2014 10:35 AM
Hi Carlos,

To follow up with our call today the issue is FreePBX keeps writing our configuration incorrectly. They write “dchan” into /etc/dahdi/system.conf to enable software HDLC and then write “TDMV_DCHAN=24” to enable hardware HDLC. Only software or hardware HDLC can be enabled at once.

To correct this I have manually edited /etc/wanpipe/wanpipe1.conf and changed the line “TDMV_DCHAN” to 0 (“TDMV_DCHAN=0”) and saved this file. After this I did the following commands.
amportal stop
wanrouter restart
amportal start

I am uncertain at this time why freepbx is no longer writing to our file /etc/wanpipe/wanpipe1.conf . This is a long pending issue in FreePBX its self. Another fix for this is to run “setup-sangoma” and this will correct the issue as well.

Now going forward for the DTMF. I would suggest editing /etc/wanpipe/wanpipe1.conf and setting “TDMV_HW_DTMF=NO” then running the commands below.
amportal stop
wanrouter restart
amportal start

Once this is done the software DTMF will be enabled. Then if the DTMF is not working at this point you can follow the steps at http://wiki.sangoma.com/wanpipe-linux-asterisk-debugging#asterisk-debuggin-dahdi-monitor to get a good recording of this. Once you get the recording send this back to us and we can review the DTMF in the recording. Please ensure you provide us with the DTMF numbers you pressed in the order you pressed them.

Next ensure you include a support logger as shown at http://wiki.sangoma.com/support-logger to get the logs as well.

Let us know how this all goes.

Your Support Team

Marc Celsie

Sangoma Technologies Inc.
100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100
Markham, ON, Canada L3R 9R6
Tel: 1 800 388 2475
Tel: +1 905 474 1990 international direct
Web: support.sangoma.com

Are you satisfied with Sangoma Support?
Please send comments, suggestions and feedback to [email protected]

Sounds like you are not using an updated dahdi module in FreePBX as we worked with Nenad their lead engineer over a month ago on this.

Hi Carlos,

This is Marc from Sangoma. To resolve your issue you can simply use the latest dahdi module from FreePBX as Tony mentions. This will fix your issue.

If there is any pending issues after this simply give us a call at 1-905-474-1990 x3 or update the ticket we have on this issue.