DAHDI Digium UK BRI - Outbound calls not working - Inbound OK

Hi,
We have a Digium B410P BRI 4 port ISDN Card installed and is configured via DAHDI.

In bound calls are working fine, Audio works both ways. I only have a single line plugged in at the moment and the Span 1 Alarm is showing as being OK.

When we try to dial out we get the “all circuits are busy” message. I have checked everything i can think of and it all seems to be OK, i am presuming the issue could be to do with a dial plan. However i have been reading that various threads that as I’m in the UK our Telco ( British Telecom ) switch off the D Channel and we may need to configure the card settings to not bring it up.

I have read and tried various suggestions made in these forums and others and not getting anywhere so have had to resort to asking for help.

FreePBX version - 12.0.18
Asterisk version - 11.14.1
DAHDI Version: 2.10.0.1 Echo Canceller: HWEC

below is a copy of my Chan_DAHDI.conf file… not sure if anything else is needed.

Many thanks in advance

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; For information on adding additional paramaters to this file, please visit the ;
; FreePBX.org wiki page, or ask on IRC. This file was created by the new FreePBX ;
; BMO - Big Module Object. Any similarity in naming with BMO from Adventure Time ;
; is totally deliberate. ;
[general]

; generated by module
#include chan_dahdi_general.conf

; for user additions not provided by module
#include chan_dahdi_general_custom.conf

[channels]
language=en
busydetect=yes
busycount=10
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=no
immediate=no
faxdetect=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

; for user additions not provided by module
#include chan_dahdi_channels_custom.conf

; include dahdi groups defined by DAHDI module of FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_groups.conf

; include dahdi extensions defined in FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_additional.conf

Check what you have in your chan_dahdi_groups.conf

When i set mine up (on BT bri )

This is the only config that worked:

; [span_1]
signalling=bri_cpe
switchtype=national
pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=unknown
group=0
context=from-digital
channel=>1-2

Anything else gave busy on dial out

You might need to change the group and channels to suite how you have set up the trunks

UK BRI is 3 channels, 1 & 2 are used for transmission and the 3rd (D) is signalling

Regards

Dale

Thanks for the help Dale, that’s fixed it.

Just as a note, i also tried the switchtype as Euro ISDN and dial plans as Unknown and that’s also working.

Many Thanks for your help, got me out of a hole that,. Much appreciated and have a great Christmas.
Thanks

Hi,

Yes you are correct Euro does work

Also ignore the stuff about the D channel, BT bring it up and down as and when its needed. You will see mentions of this in the Asterisk logs:

sig_pri.c: Span 2: D-channel is down!
[2014-12-16 11:43:54] VERBOSE[2582] sig_pri.c: Primary D-Channel on span 2 up
[2014-12-16 11:44:44] VERBOSE[2582] sig_pri.c: Primary D-Channel on span 2 down

Have a great christmas too

Regards

Dale