D80 EPM Phone Apps Working

Thanks to @lgaetz for letting me know, D80 is now fully supported in EPM with DPMA Apps. Contacts, Presence, Parking, Conference, etc.

So I turned on DPMA Apps in EPM for my D80 on my Vultr Hosted FreePBX Deployment with Commerical EPM and DPMA…

My D80 was already configured on this deployment using TLS… After enabling HTTPS Port on Restful Phone Apps in Port Mgmt… everything worked great. Presence, contacts, Parking, call history, Visual VM all working…

I then took the same D80, defaulted it, and set it up on my On-Premise FreePBX deployment here in the shop, fully updated latest version of FreePBX, Asterisk, and all modules updated… Set it all up and Phone Apps are not working. Only difference is provisioniny on the LAN using Server Address and UDP with UDP port… Phone works and provisions, finds config, can make calls, but no phone apps…

DPMA Management is turned on in EPM… DPMA Apps is turned on in the template… HTTPS is enabled in the template…

Not sure why DPMA Apps working on Hosted Deployment that uses TLS… but not working on local on-premise deployment using UDP…

Apps on the D80 require https and requires a proper TLS cert, which means the App URLs will have to be generated with the fqdn matching the cert.

I do have a proper TLS cert and use TLS for Sangoma Connect on this On-Premise deployment and I have a FQDN on this On-Premise PBX…

How do I generate App URLS with my FQDN???

The host from EPM global settings, either internal or external as specified in the template is used.

Ahhh. gotcha. Ok let me play with that. Thats why it worked out of the box on the Hosted Deployment because it only uses FQDN Remote…

Still not working, not sure why.

I changed Destination and Provisioning address in template to External which then changes the address in the template to my FQDN which is the same External address in EPM>Global Settings>External…

Phone provisions and works but still no DPMA Apps working…I can send and receive calls, but no DPMA apps…

Time for a support ticket then.

Just opened a ticket. thx

Just ordered a new Sangoma D80!!! Great news, thanks. :grinning:
Yet, I am no fan of portforwarding…and if I remember correctly, this is required for the certificate to work. Right?

I believe this is the case. I’m not sure why to use DPMA Apps on a local on premise install we have to open up ports…

But DPMA Apps isn’t working on my D80 and on premise deployment…and I suspect it has something to do with ports needing to be opened in my Edge Router in front of Freepbx… although I have UDP and TLS and HTTPS Provisioning and 80 Let’s Encrypt ports already open…

D80 and Phone Apps work great when I just tested it on my Hosted Deployment that only uses the FreePBX firewall.

Yes you need to still open Restful Phone Apps HTTPS port 4443 (or whatver you set it in port mgmt) in your edge device/router…even for on premise deployment with all local LAN Phones…no remote phones…not hosted deployment still gotta open HTTPS phone apps port…i dont understand this…totally get it for hosted deployments or deployments with remotely deployed phones…but 100% local deployment…

The phone must have a route to the PBX. If the PBX hostname the phone is using resolves to the public IP of the PBX, then you would need firewall port forwarding to allow the IP traffic to reach the pbx. To avoid configuring external firewalls, the pbx fqdn would need to resolve to the local PBX IP, which means setting proper DNS records for your local devices.

On 100% local LAN deployments where phones and server are on the same subnet…the phones are reaching the PBX via the PBX static LAN IP (192.168.10.2) and the phones are all on the same subnet with DHCP addresses on the same 192.168 10.0/24 subnet…the phones reach the PBX no problem locally… phone apps do not work in this config…local phones on same subnet have no reason to use hostname/FQDN to reach PBX in this config…

But yes, if phone apps requires HTTPS to work…then you have to use FQDN for these types of deployments/setups…

I agree…if one wants to use Sangoma D-series phones in a local network, it shouldn’t be necessary to open a port of the local pbx (portforwarding router) to the www.
By the way, I just updated all modules on my freePBX 15 system. Why does the EPM (15.0.41.49) show no template for the D80?

If the solution would be to upgrade to freePBX 16…my second question is…how do I upgrade, when I receive errors?

Im on EPM 15.0.41.52 and all is working

PBX Version: 15.0.21
PBX Distro: 12.7.8-2202-1.sng7
Asterisk Version: 16.20.0

Hi @Charles_Darwin Please ensure your DPMA setting is enable in EPM.

Ref - EPM-DPMA for Digium Phones - PBX GUI - Documentation

1 Like

Thanks a lot…yes, after activating DPMA in the global settings of EPM the template for the D80 shows up :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.