Did all the HTTPS / Certs / Ports and enabling in Extensions / User Manager / sangoma_default template (see below), yet no phone apps on the otherwise lovely D80. I managed to get contacts in a local enviro, so it must have to do with ports and firewalling. Can’t packet sniff around the phone or decipher it’s logs (and do not want to bother people that can;)
So, to the other D80-lovers here besides me (i.e. Charles_Darwin and defcomllc), how did you do it?
I have a feeling System Admin / Port Management might be at play, I got 80>443, 81>4443, 84>1443, 83>2443, 82>5443.
(just for kicks, here’s what I did on a fresh install)
ISO-installer sees two disks and automatically configures them as RAID array, neat!
give the box a local address at first to enter admin data via GUI
Trivially easy to determine. Temporarily stop the firewall service and see what happens. Or even better, whitelist the source IP of the phone in firewall as trusted and it will pretty much behave as if the firewall is not there.
I have a seperate VOIP VLAN that my phones and FreePBX deployment are on and yes everything is local. I run my Untangle NG Firewall with my VOIP VLAN bypassed. I have my TLS and HTTPS Provisioning ports open and forwarded to my FreePBX deployment…
I must admit that I don’t use phone apps or EPM. I prefer the Digium phone config (freePBX 15) method with some adjustments.
The D-series is gone anyway (unfortunately) and the touchscreen-P-phone is not available yet. Currently, I don’t have the time to learn what the new certificate-EPM-new-P-series-phones strategy of Sangoma is. Maybe after the webinar I will understand, why Sangoma trashed the superior D-series.