CXPanel iSymphony

I just downloaded the distro 5.211.65-14 (1.8) last night and setup my PBX. Everything seems to be working, however when I go to the CLI I keep getting this notice
[2014-06-16 19:13:48] NOTICE[14437]: manager.c:2430 authenticate: 127.0.0.1 tried to authenticate with nonexistent user ‘cxpanel’
[2014-06-16 19:13:48] NOTICE[14437]: manager.c:2467 authenticate: 127.0.0.1 failed to authenticate as ‘cxpanel’

I thought it was related to iSymphony so I disabled the module. No matter what I do this notice keeps appearing about every 10 seconds. I know that there is no user cxpanel, but even if I created this user I have no idea what the password should be.

You deleted the module in Free PBX that let’s you manage iSymphony but you must still have the daemon running and it is trying to connect to the AMI with invalid credentials.

I didn’t delete anything until I saw the notice. I searched the forums and entered this command.

rm -rf /var/www/html/admin/modules/areminder && amportal a r && amportal a ma update areminder && amportal a r

How can I get this working? I don’t know much about iSymphony. I see I can add a user, but I don’t know what password the cxpanel would be trying to authenticate with.

It’s an AMI (asterisk manager interface) user. What is your intent? To stop the message or get iSymphony working?

I would prefer to get isymphony working.

I would prefer to get symphony working. What is the best way to go about that?

Hi,
did you solve this in the end? I’ve downloaded the latest iso, did a fresh install and keep getting the same notice:
manager.c: 127.0.0.1 tried to authenticate with nonexistent user ‘cxpanel’ and
manager.c: 127.0.0.1 failed to authenticate as ‘cxpanel’

How weird, i am really new to all of this and have just had the same problem, I have tried both distributions from freepbx and on the asterisk now site and have the same issues. My softphones wont connect and I have no port listening on the server to 5060. Does your netstat tell you are listening on 5060 ?

I got this from their support

Terry, as to the “[2014-06-24 12:31:20] NOTICE[6124] manager.c: 127.0.0.1 failed to authenticate as ‘cxpanel’” there was an empty field in the iSymphony module --> Client Host. I added your LAN address of 192.168.10.55 and the error went away.

The proper solution for this is to go to Admin -> Module Admin

Make sure the Basic repo is selected and then click “Check Online”

Under the Settings Section you should see “Asterisk Manager Users”. Install it.

Then you should click on Settings and go to Asterisk Manager Users. If there’s a red button that appears at the top to ‘apply’ go ahead and do that now.

Next, after you’re in Settings -> Asterisk Manager Users, over on the right is a user called cxpanel. You need to click on it, bring it up, change nothing, and click “submit changes” on the bottom. This will write the cxpanel user details in the proper config file.

This should solve the problem. Big thanks to [TK]D-Fender over in the #freepbx channel on freenode for taking the time to help me work out the issue.

I got this from their support

Terry, as to the “[2014-06-24 12:31:20] NOTICE[6124] manager.c: 127.0.0.1 failed to authenticate as ‘cxpanel’” there was an empty field in the iSymphony module --> Client Host. I added your LAN address of 192.168.10.55 and the error went away.

This solution worked for me.

I have this same issue, and in the short term simply uninstalled isyphony, which still had these entries, I then added the user in Asterisk Manager and still get the same result.
Just want to reduce junk and errors from logs.

[2022-06-18 18:28:04] NOTICE[29496]: manager.c:3560 authenticate: 127.0.0.1 failed to authenticate as 'cxpanel'
[2022-06-18 18:28:20] NOTICE[29544]: manager.c:3560 authenticate: 127.0.0.1 failed to authenticate as 'cxpanel'
[2022-06-18 18:28:36] NOTICE[29546]: manager.c:3560 authenticate: 127.0.0.1 failed to authenticate as 'cxpanel'

This is 8 years later. AFAIK, iSymphony was rewritten to use modern HTML5 technologies since…

The error you get means that there’s an iSymphony user who tries to authenticate to AMI but has an incorrect password or that user doesn’t exist at all.

You’ll have to completely delete the module and remove the yum package.