Custom Queue Monitor Filename

We are running an Elastix system and Queuemetrics, and I want to take advantage of the Queue recording file archiving described here: http://queuemetrics.com/manuals/QM_AdvancedConfig-chunked/ar01s14.html

To make a long story short, they specify the monitor filename in such a way that the files are stored in folders organized by month and day, which would resolve our current problem of thousands and thousands of recording files plugging up the /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/ directory and making searches for recordings extremely slow due to the large number of files.

I would like to do this in such a way that I will minimize the issues encountered during upgrades due to custom code overriding new changes, and ideally there would be a way to specify a custom line in the FreePBX queues module. Better yet, it would make sense to me that the default for new installations should store the recordings by date such that the issue of too many recordings all in one directory is avoided.

I found this thread and this thread while searching but neither leaves me confident in the quality of the modifications.

So, does anyone have suggestions as to how I can modify the filenames for a queue in FreePBX?

Many thanks,

Tom