Custom Fax Handling Script

Hello all,

I am new to Asterisk and FreePBX. I have taken over management of a FreePBX system that is working well.

I have been asked to create a way for information faxed from remote locations to be viewable on a local file share. I currently have fax to email working, but I would rather create a custom script to handle the incoming faxes.

I could edit the fax2mail.php script and modify it, but it seems it would be overwritten with each upgrade.

What is the best way to accomplish this? Create a custom fax section that calls my script in place of fax2mail.php? If so, where do I start on that?

Thank you,
James

Have you considered the Fax Pro module? It has a complete portal for viewing faxes.

Thanks SkykingOH. I looked at the Fax Pro module, but I want these faxes to be viewable on a webserver separate from my FreePBX machine.

I also do not want users to login to FreePBX just to view the faxes. I also need to store the faxes in different directories based on CID information. From reading the Fax Pro information it does not support everything I want to do.

Thank you,
James