Custom Extensions are not endpoints and don't work in a ring group

In my configuration I have some normal PJSIP extensions (let’s say 101, 102,…) and some custom extensions (let’s say 201, 202,…) defined with a dial rule such as PJSIP/**610@fritzbox. The fritzbox (my router) also works as a PBX and it is configured as a trunk using a dedicated fritzbox extension. Dialing **610 will connect to an extension of the fritzbox. (I’m sorry if I’m not explaining this well.)

I am able to dial any fritzbox extension (201) from the local extensions (101). I can include the normal extensions (101,102…) in a dial group and they will all ring. But the fritzbox extensions are not endpoints so they don’t ring. The trunk itself is an endpoint, but it’s extensions are not.

pjsip/dialplan_functions.c: Specified endpoint ‘**610@fritzbox’ was not found
res_agi.c: agi://127.0.0.1/dialparties.agi: Ended up with no PJSIP contacts

Maybe there is a better way to configure in this situation or maybe I am missing some configuration for the custom extensions.

Using (for example)
201#
202#
should work.

If you already have a # after the Fritzbox extensions, paste the complete log for a failed call.

Hi Stewart, thanks for the reply. I think there must be some misunderstanding. I was afraid I wasn’t explaining the problem very well. If I dial 201 from extension 101 it will ring and if I answer there will be a connection. It is not necessary to append a “'#” when dialing.

The problem comes when this extension is part of a ring group. Let’s say there is ring group 901 defined as 101,102,201,202,… When I dial 901, only the native (PJSIP) extensions will ring. The custom extensions are excluded. There is no possibility to define “201#” as part of the ring group because this is not a defined extension.

I hope that makes the problem clearer, but thanks for responding. The short section of the log originally posted is all that is relevant, but I will explain in an additional post. I have figured a few things out in the meantime.

Putting (for example) 201# as ring group member means (roughly) “call 201 as if dialed from an internal phone”. That way, follow me, forwarding, calls to external numbers, etc. should work correctly.

As a test, set up a Ring Group with only two members:
201#

and call it. If it fails, paste the Asterisk log for the call at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here.

1 Like

It is working! Thanks. I was adding the extension from the quick select menu. But it was possible to add the “#” manually.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.