Critical system error - new distro install

If you run the ‘send-logs’ command, it’ll post everything. Thanks!

Just done that. I just edited my previous post as you were posting!

Edit: Getting late here now. Going to call it a night. Let me know if you need anything more and I can get it to you in the morning.

Thanks.

It looks like the machine is getting an IP address, so I’m unsure why it’s vanishing.

The other thing I noticed is that it takes almost 5 seconds for the link to become ready. Line 1309 is when it tries to bring it up at 21:46, but it’s not ready until 21:50. Maybe this is causing the problem.

Are you using some smart switch that fiddles with the network port or something?

One more thing, that may help figure out what the problem is: Before pushing enter on the final Grub menu option, hit ‘tab’ and add rd.net.timeout.dhcp=60 to the kernel params. That’ll make DHCP wait for 60 seconds to get an IP. That may make it a bit more reliable for you to get an IP address.

From what I can see, the PC didn’t pick up an IP address until line 2035 - 23:43:28,415. I think that’s when I manually requested it. Once it was acquired it was retained. It didn’t vanish

My switch does support vlans, but I’m pretty sure it’s not doing anything funky.

I can try this to see what happens.

It’s only during the install that I’ve seen this problem. It works fine after a good install. During install, it looks like I can reliably get an IP address by manually starting the interface using the advanced options.

The way anaconda works, it requests an address TWICE, and it resets the interface between the requests. If your switch takes some time to reset from a port reset (for example, if you have spanning tree enabled on the port), that can take 10-15 seconds for traffic to start flowing. Just long enough for the machine to give up waiting for an IP address.