Critical Information for all DPMA users

dpma
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f4f4674fa58>

(Lorne Gaetz) made this a banner . It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user. #3

(Lorne Gaetz) removed this banner . It will no longer appear at the top of every page. #4

(Lorne Gaetz) pinned globally #5

(Tony Lewis - https://bit.ly/2SbDAyc) #6

If the upgrade is not done before this date can it be done later or is their some kill switch that breaks the phones from update into SSL cert later in the phknes for users who miss this notice.

(Lorne Gaetz) #7

Good question, original post updated. Just follow the normal instructions to upgrade and restart Asterisk. Once DPMA is upgraded, DPMA phones will continue working normally.

(Lorne Gaetz) split this topic #8

A post was split to a new topic: Error in Endpoint Manager

I am on version 3.6.2 of the DPMA module.

(Lorne Gaetz) split this topic #10

A post was split to a new topic: DPMA upgrade for 13

(Lorne Gaetz) #11

Just realizing that DPMA updates have not yet been published for the 13 Distro, so we will get on that right away next week. For anyone still on 13 now is an excellent time to migrate your settings to a new 15 install.

see post below.

(Jerry Warner) #12

As far as I know I’m not using any DPMA phones as the Sangoma S500 isn’t listed but from what I read above, the Distro versions are supposed to fix the problem automatically right? So why do I still get a Critical Error found notice on my Dashboard? I’m running a FreePBX appliance 15.0.17.24 with Asterisk 13.32.0 and have done all the System and module updates. It sounds like I’m not in danger but will the critical warning ever go away?

(Supor Dave) #13

What are the supported versions of freepbx, I have one that is 2.11.0.43.

(TheJames) #14

2.11, 12 and 13 are EOL.
I believe 13 is still getting some bug fixes as long as they backport

(Supor Dave) #15

TY

At least the dpma is current.

Is there even a upgrade path from 2.11 to current? It has asterisk 11 as a base.

(Scristopher7) #16

Will the D40’s work with the latest DPMA update? I have some offices with D40’s still and have had some issues when trying to connect them to a server with the latest DPMA installed, they flat out just give a “authentication failed” no matter which auth method is used (MAC/pin/global pin etc). I’m not trying to raise an issue, just curious if the D40’s should be ok or not.

(Lorne Gaetz) #17

Yes. Original post updated to include D40.

(R. Stindl) #18

Will the new SSL certificate (DPMA 3.6.2) expire again? If yes, wouldn’t it be nice to see a warning on the dashboard 1/2 year before it expires?

(Dan Corwin) #19

So phones need firmware updates as well?

(R. Stindl) #20

I still use 2.9.9 on my D65 phones. But I had to install DPMA 3.6.3 (not 3.6.2), because playing mailbox messages didn’t work anymore. DPMA 3.6.3 is already online, but it seems not in the freePBX repository.
I followed the update instructions for 64-bit systems from here
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/DIGIUM/DPMA+Installation

EDIT: I seems 3.6.3 is now also available in the freePBX repositories. So there is no need for the terminal…except if someone doesn’t want to update all packages.

(Lorne Gaetz) #21

DPMA 3.6.3 has been published to the testing repo. Until just now, 3.6.3 RC1 was the latest version available.

# yum list asterisk16-res_digium_phone
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, versionlock
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Installed Packages
asterisk16-res_digium_phone.x86_64
[root@uc-51459655 ~]# yum list asterisk16-res_digium_phone
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, versionlock
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Installed Packages
asterisk16-res_digium_phone.x86_64          3.6.3-2.sng7           @sng7-testing

> digium_phones show version
Digium Phone Module for Asterisk Version 16.0_3.6.3

Thanks @wmoon

(Scristopher7) #22

Can confirm, using asterisk 16 and digium phones module the vm button would just blow an error when pushed. 3.6.3 works fine though, I manually installed and will wait for the rpm to come out of testing.