Creating self-signed certificate

Hello. I am trying to setup a self-signed certificate for encrypting calls. I have been reading the “Certificate Management User Guide” from the FreePBX wiki for generating self-signed certificates. I have generated a self-signed certificate using the Certificate Management module and have generated a Certificate Signing Request (CSR). The instructions indicate that you should download the CSR and submit it to a Certificate Authority. However, this does not apply to my case since I am creating as self-signed certificate. What should I do instead of this step?

You can download the Certificate Management module in FreePBX Module admin and you can get a certificate from LetsEncrypt for free using it.

Simple as 1, 2, 3!

I am aware of LetsEncrypt but I am not forwarding ports on the PBX to the internet as I am looking to encrypt calls from the internal network that is why I wanted to use a self-signed certificate.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.