Creating an extention to dial a Conference and automatically enter the conference code

Hi,
I’ve recently switched from running Asterisk on CentOS to running Asterisk with FreePBX on a Raspberry Pi. I’ve managed to migrate everything over with the exception of a special extension which, when dialled, calls a conference number and automatically enters the conference code. In my old set up this was achieved with the following code:

; dial in to Team Meeting as as participant
;
exten => 710,1,Dial(IAX2/0845{snipped}/0808{snipped},60,rD(ww1234567890#))
exten => 710,n,Hangup()

I’m not sure how to set this up in FreePBX.

I have tried several internet searches but not managed to find an answer yet.

Any pointers ?

Thanks in Advance

FreePBX has all the familiar conf files as Asterisk, but you can’t edit most of them directly. You need to locate extensions_custom.conf and you could put your code exactly as above in the context [from-internal-custom] but even better is to use a slightly modified version of your code there:

[team-meeting]
exten => s,1,Dial(local/0808{snipped}@from-internal,60,rD(ww1234567890#)) 
exten => s,n,Hangup()

Then in FreePBX using Admin, Custom Destination you want to create a destination using the string “team-meeting,s,1”. If you also want a dialable feature code, you can create it with a Misc Application.

Thanks lagetz,

that’s an even better answer than I was expecting. Making it a feature code makes more sense to me so that’s what I’ll do.

Thanks again.

Graeme.

In 12+ you can actually set a dialplan variable called “PIN” which would be your conference PIN and it will send it to the conference when you dial the conference. You won’t have to use all the “ww” for waiting

So:

[team-meeting]
exten => s,1,Set(PIN=1234567890)
exten => s,n,Dial(local/0808{snipped}@from-internal,60,r)) 
exten => s,n,Hangup()
2 Likes