I had been getting random asterisk crashes…Signal 11 Segmentation Fault…and an immediate restart. At the same time, there was the problem with blacklist and and possibly paging preventing FreePbx from writing the configuration files.
I removed blacklist first and was able to write the conf files. With blacklist removed, the Signal 11 Segmentation Fault disappeared. Today, I applied the new framework and reinstalled blacklist. I then did a reitrieve with the following results:
Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Connecting to database…OK
Connecting to Asterisk manager interface…OK
[color=red]Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:24:14 -0500 - Got event… peerstatus
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:24:14 -0500 - No event handler for event ‘peerstatus’[/color]
Added to globals: ASTETCDIR = /etc/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTMODDIR = /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
Added to globals: ASTVARLIBDIR = /var/lib/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTAGIDIR = /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
Added to globals: ASTSPOOLDIR = /var/spool/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTRUNDIR = /var/run/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTLOGDIR = /var/log/asterisk
Added to globals: CWINUSEBUSY = true
Added to globals: AMPMGRUSER = admin
Added to globals: AMPMGRPASS = ZCZC
Because of the error, I removed blacklist again…
that’s interesting - is the asterisk 1.2 or 1.4. The red messages look like they are coming out of the phpagi-asmanager.php library - which, depending on your php configuration, can spit out a lot of errors from the event handler (which are meaningless).
as far as asterisk crashing - that’s new, not sure what that is related to (other than I’m always suspicious of very new versions of asterisk - like the weird system() errors you are seeing.
but as far as blacklist and paging, those should both be fixed (blacklist was never broken in 2.3, and the only change in the latest framework update was the new extensions.class.php to add the ext_sipaddheader() call. (I literally took the previous framewok tarball, and replaced that single file when making the new framework, as there is a bunch of other stuff I did not want to push out.
I saw one or two posts about the seg fault on trixbox.org, and I replied asking if they had recently upgraded to FreePBX 2.3, but never heard a reply.
Seems the seg fault began occuring at the time I uploaded the beta, and ended when I removed blacklist.
Kinda of gunshy about putting blacklist back up right now!
There was never anything strange in the logs just before the seg fault, just saw a * restart.
Users freaked out. It cut off calls in progress, but the biggest thing is that the BLF’s on the phones quit working until the next time the phone registered.
By the way…if you are any of the team finds yourself in my neck of the woods, I’ll have to treat you to some Mississippi Farm Raised Catfish. Can’t let wombat get too far ahead of me.