Conversion tool error

Hello,

After the tool finished importing all extensions, this is what happens next

Adding user 3291 (Fax ATA Upstairs) ... User created (Note: No email address!) with password store6Toast6remit
Adding user 3300 (Lunch Room) ... User created (Note: No email address!) with password heard9grip3Sprint
Exception: SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections::SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php on line 204
Stack trace:
  1. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:204
  2. die_freepbx() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:142
  3. PDOException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:137
  4. PDO->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:137
  5. FreePBX\Database->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:124
  6. FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:53
  7. FreePBX\Self_Helper->__call() /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/Sysadmin.class.php:1231
  8. FreePBX\modules\Sysadmin->Database() /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/Sysadmin.class.php:1231
  9. FreePBX\modules\Sysadmin->getDDNSSettings() /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/VPN.class.php:104
 10. FreePBX\modules\Sysadmin\VPN->putClient() /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/VPN.class.php:508
 11. FreePBX\modules\Sysadmin\VPN->linkClients() /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/VPN.class.php:436
 12. FreePBX\modules\Sysadmin\VPN->usermanUpdateGroup() /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/Sysadmin.class.php:1793
 13. FreePBX\modules\Sysadmin->usermanUpdateGroup() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Hooks.class.php:189
 14. call_user_func_array() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Hooks.class.php:189
 15. FreePBX\Hooks->processHooksByClassMethod() /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc/auth/Auth.php:49
 16. FreePBX\modules\Userman\Auth\Auth->updateGroupHook() /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc/auth/modules/Freepbx.php:218
 17. FreePBX\modules\Userman\Auth\Freepbx->updateGroup() /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/Userman.class.php:1923
 18. FreePBX\modules\Userman->updateGroup() /tmp/tmp.YyLjMkLf1y/freepbx.import.php:172
 19. include() /tmp/tmp.YyLjMkLf1y/newmachine.php:231
 20. include() /tmp/tmp.YyLjMkLf1y/convert.php:36
Cleaning up...Done!
[root@freepbx ~]#

I am not sure what is missing, what else it’s supposed to be importing after importing the extensions.

What happens if I run the tool again? and what can I do to fix this error?

Thanks

That is pretty clear. MySQL/Maria is getting too many connections to it and not letting the overflow connect. How many extensions are there?

Around 150

Hrm, I haven’t done a conversion that big but it may just be hammering the sql server with how fast it is going through the import. You may have to up your connections.

Actually, this is probably the case the default is 151, 150 connections plus superuser. You could be killing it will a 150 entries being inputted.

That covers how to up your connection limits on the server.

To be exact, 154 extensions. So that answers it.

So I’m technically killing it by trying to migrate that amount of extensions.

The question is now, if I modify the config to allow 2-300 connections, can I run the tool again, or I am going to break more things?

Naw, you can run the tool again. I’ve run it 2-3 times on some systems when they got out of sync due to delays in migration.

Alright, well I tried increasing the max connections to 250, it still error-ed out. So I increased to 1250, and this time it worked.

I guess it makes more than 250 connections on a 154 extension PBX. I will have this in mind for future migrations…

And if someone has time, and can update the wiki with this info (I don’t have permissions)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.