Conversion from FreePBX 2.7 to the new Distro

Hi Have built a test server using the new Distro and it seems to work really well. Many thanks to all of the people who have made this happen. Because all of my tests are good I would like to convert some of my old servers to this new Distro.

My current servers are built on FreePBX version 2.7 using Asterisk 1.6. I would like to convert them to the new Distro running FreePBX version 2.11. I am curious if anyone knows the most trouble free way to accomplish this task. I don’t think I can simply do a backup from my existing 2.7 and a restore on 2.11. I beleive I may need to upgrade my version 2.7 before I perform a backup.

The Distro also will be using a different version of Asterisk so I am curious if anyone knows if that will cause me any problems?

I have looked through the forums and have not found a good answer to these two questions so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You are quite right in believing that you can’t just backup 2.7 and restore to 2.11. The database structure between changes between version.

I don’t know if there is a trouble free upgrade from 2.7 to 2.11.

What you could do is to do a bulk export or extensions and DDIs and then use this (after a little data manipulation) to upload all extensions and DDIs to the new system. This does leave you to manually do the rest but it might be the safest way.