Console/logging messages from Asterisk 16.x

I am running the current PBXact, with Asterisk 16.x, and have switched over to PJSIP, but I am seeing a constant scroll in the logs and when I use asterisk -r:

[2020-11-09 17:29:42] SECURITY[17853]: res_security_log.c:114 security_event_stasis_cb: SecurityEvent=“SuccessfulAuth”,EventTV=“2020-11-09T17:29:42.967-0500”,Severity=“Informational”,Service=“PJSIP”,EventVersion=“1”,AccountID=“7767”,SessionID=“[email protected]”,LocalAddress=“IPV4/UDP/x.x.x.x/5160”,RemoteAddress=“IPV4/UDP/x.x.x.x/5160”,UsingPassword=“1”

NOTE: IP’s replaced with x’s

I see it says successful, but just curious why I see lots of this, is it to be expected, or maybe I just need to filter it out. Just wanted to kick it out and see if I need to worry at all…

Fail2ban needs those ‘security’ messages, if fail2ban is using another log you can remove them from console and full,

Thanks dicko, what I thought, but I wasn’t 100% sure, so figured I would ask…

1 Like

Those are new to the console and full log I believe. After the update to logfiles a month ago or so.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.