Console access for Sangoma Vega SBC

Hello freePBX community

Please direct me where to post this if it is the wrong category. Our company’s Vega SBC failed and I’m trying to troubleshoot the problem. No ethernet ports are working so I’m attempting to log into the console with a USB/RJ45 cable using putty. I’m using these settings:

Baud rate: 115200
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
Parity: None
Flow control: None (also tried XON/XOFF)

The text displayed on boot is gibberish and I can’t log in when I presumably get to a prompt. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong or suggestion of another approach would be appreciated. I’d like to log into the appliance to see what the problem is.

Because the default could have been changed, just step the baud rate down by half until you get it.
Another approach that would work is to start at 9600 (a more reasonable default baud rate) and work you way up. 19200 is a pretty common baud rate as well (same deal).

The Flow Control should be xon/xoff. If you are using None, you should be able to see the traffic with gaps.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SBC/Console+Interface

1 Like

Thanks Dave, will try this when I’m on prem this evening.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.