Connecting FreePBX GUI

I have previously administered FreePBX via a browser from Windows XP successfully. However, I am now attempting to connect to the PBX network interface through a Windows 7 browser. The network connection fails to authenticate.

My assumptions are that it is seeking eth0 to connect. However, on installation I was advised to use eth1 as eth0 is erroneous or has a conflict of interest.

Could this be the offending problem - and if so how to rectify? Would a solution be to both wired via a router then the Windows machine would get the ip from the router and not eth0.

Thank you!

@Anointedone I’m going to address this one paragraph at a time. I want to help you solve your problem, but at the same time, I need clear, accurate, and relevant information to assist you.

[quote="Anointedone, post:1, topic:26401] I have previously administered FreePBX via a browser from Windows XP successfully. However, I am now attempting to connect to the PBX network interface through a Windows 7 browser. The network connection fails to authenticate.[/quote] What error message(s), if any, are you getting? Network connections don't authenticate, not really, so perhaps you're using the wrong terms? Are you saying that the username/password don't work (login fails because you're unable to authenticate) or is it that you can't connect to the server (no page comes up; network connection fails)? Is the server on your LAN or is it someplace else?
[quote="Anointedone, post:1, topic:26401]My assumptions are that it is seeking eth0 to connect. However, on installation I was advised to use eth1 as eth0 is erroneous or has a conflict of interest.[/quote]Windows has no knowledge of the server's internal configuration, which is what eth0/eth1 are. Accessing the Web GUI is simply a network connection request that goes from your computer to your router, and eventually from there reaches the PBX (or doesn't, if there's a problem). Opening a windows command prompt and entering without quotes 'tracert yourpbxIPgoeshere' could help us identify the issue (for example: 'tracert 192.168.1.42')
[quote="Anointedone, post:1, topic:26401]Could this be the offending problem - and if so how to rectify? Would a solution be to both wired via a router then the Windows machine would get the ip from the router and not eth0.[/quote]This confuses me...how are they set up currently? Did you plug an ethernet cable into the server's LAN port on one end and your Windows computer on the other? Aside from being a bad idea to begin with and having its own set of complications, that also would potentially limit/prevent the server's ability to function as a PBX...
To sum up, we need a better idea of what the current network configuration is and the exact error message(s) that you're getting to even BEGIN helping you. I want to encourage you to continue asking questions, but please make sure you're providing enough information to the people helping you.