Connect with 3rd Party Audio Loggers

(Kaleb (Rio)) #1

I am looking to configure a third-party audio logger used for our Two Way Radio system to record inbound and outbound calls on a few of our DIDs in our SIP trunk. They have the option of active or passive SIP. Has anyone configured a third-party audio logger to record for their FreePBX systems?

(Itzik) #2

We have used OrecX and Call Cabinet in the past, they are both great, but didn’t fit our specific needs.

(Kaleb (Rio)) #3

Thanks! Do you have any information on how these software pieces were configured?

(Itzik) #4

IIRC, there are a couple of ways how to feed the recordings. One was port mirroring, another one was to add a script in advanced settings under Post Call Recording Script which uploads the audio file after each call.

(Kaleb (Rio)) #5

Thank you for this info!

(Dave Burgess) #6

Another approach is to configure the recorder like an SBC and send the calls through it. I set this up for a call recording system a few years ago and it worked well. Our situation was that we had three servers with 24 DAHDI phones each and all of the calls were processed to a single VOIP provider.

(Kaleb (Rio)) #7

I ended up using a switch that is capable of port mirroring. I mirrored my sip trunk port and set it up to monitor. It was good to go! Just in case it comes up in search, the recorder I am using is an Equature Audio Logger with PBXact, FreePBX, and Asterisk.

(Lorne Gaetz) #8

That will work as long as you’re using UDP signaling without encryption. As soon as you need a webrtc client or TLS, this solution fails.