Connect inbound route to trunk

Hi,

We’ve recently switched from an audio gateway to an external sip trunk.
I’ve added this trunk in Freepbx and can register without problems. I selected this trunk at the outbound routes section and I can make outgoing calls.

Now my question is, how do I set this trunk at the inbound route?
I filled in the DID associated with this trunk but still my calls won’t come in.

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m using Asterisk 1.8.1 and Freepbx 2.8.1.4

Did you create a destination within the inbound trunk?
Have that go directly to an extension to make sure it’s routing then update it with a group or other valid destination, voicemail etc.
That should work.

J

I’ve allready set the destination to an extension so that should not be the issue.

are you sure you have all of your configuration done correctly for the peer in the trunk itself?

Then the phone number in the inbound route is correct ( 10 numbers )?

It’s a tough answer without seeing it and then seeing if the sip is actually making the connection.

Have you looked at the log files to see any asterisk info, and to confirm the inbound call is actually communicating?

These are my incoming trunk settings:
context=from-trunk
host=sip.provider.nl
type=peer

I have my registration string filled in:
user:pass@ipaddressprovider:5060

When debugging I do get the error:
[Apr 19 10:21:37] NOTICE[3966] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate device “00316xxxxxxxx” sip:[email protected];tag=as0e564fe7

edit: for some strange reason the forum does not show all of the code the error?

you can use bbcode to post log snippets use an opening and closing tags like this

[code]
    some code here
[/code]

Fixed that error by adding insecure=invite to the trunk.
I had to restart the server to get it working strangely enough.