Configuring FreePBX logging

I have a problem with a SIP trunk. Every now and then it stops working. I would like to configure FreePBX 2.11.0.34 to turn logging on to a file. What I want is that the equivalent of issuing to asterisk the following command to be configured and logged to a file. Is there an FreePBX GUI and FreePBX friendly way of doing this (by FreePBX friendly I mean something that will cooperate with how FreePBX is configured and will not disappear on the next reboot):

sip set debug ip my.favourite.sip.proxy

just out of curiosity why are you rebooting the system?

Who said I was rebooting?

by FreePBX friendly I mean something that will cooperate with how FreePBX is configured and will not disappear on the next reboot - your words not mine.

if you are not rebooting just do the sip debug via the console. that way you are sure you capture what you need when the problem occurs.

Sorry I meant the next time the server gets rebooted for scheduled maintenance.

When I type the command in the console it only goes to the console while I am logged in. That is not good. I want it logged to a file so it continues logging even after I logoff or the server reboots.

There is no “friendly way” to do that from the gui, you will need to add such dynamic actions and only after asterisk is started

Your ref:-

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Collecting+Debug+Information

traditionally that would be by adding something like :-

rasterisk -x 'sip set debug ip my.favourite.sip.proxy"

to the end of

/etc/rc.local

(well, before any “exit” line if it exists)